News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

THE CANCER KILLING PDCOM - Blow-by-Blow Coverage of Democratic Primary Race

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, January 04, 2008, 06:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on January 08, 2008, 02:42:30 PM
Obama/Hillary would essentially be life insurance for Obama, much like Bush/Cheney.

"I know you want to assasinate me, but look who would be president!"

Oh god I know I shouldn't, but....

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Cain

Actually, wouldn't Edwards make a good VP?  He's got credentials in areas Obama lacks (with the unions and with older and more left wing voters) and doesn't actually seem batshit insane.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 08, 2008, 03:01:11 PM
Actually, wouldn't Edwards make a good VP?  He's got credentials in areas Obama lacks (with the unions and with older and more left wing voters) and doesn't actually seem batshit insane.

I think he probably would, of course it would make the second time that he ran first then accepted second fiddle to someone else. In the US that could be political suicide, particularly if they didn't win in November.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

AFK

Political suicide for who, Edwards?  He isn't a Senator anymore and I can't see him running for National office again.  He'd just pursue the Gore route if it didn't work out.  There are plenty of non-political opportunities for someone like Edwards. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: hunter s.durden on January 08, 2008, 07:29:00 PM
Fuck John Edwards.

Hell No! If I were to fuck John Edwards he would summon all of those Spirits that he likes to communicate with and send to to Haunt me!!!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Diseris

http://www.thestar.com/News/World/article/291927

Hillary crying, I heard on the radio from a radio talk show that the question was about her hair and make-up...any verification on this?  Could be really bad for her if it is taken as weakness   :wink:
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Darth Cupcake

Quote...by asking the 60-year-old Clinton, as one working woman to another, how the candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination pulled herself together each day to go out and face the rigours of the campaign.

It was not about hair and make-up, asshat. The question was how does Clinton keep herself so cool and composed despite all the hate being directed at her; how does she continue to head up her campaign despite how many hurdles she has to jump over.

I don't particularly stand by Clinton's politics, but I do respect her efforts, her resolve, etc. Honestly, after everything she went through with the stupid Lewinsky thing back during Bill's administration, do you really think she'd cry about HAIR and MAKE-UP? Us vapid womenfolk do occasionally get emotional about other things.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

East Coast Hustle

If Obama wins the nomination (currently Hillary is beating him in NH with about 40% of the vote counted), I'll bet my dollar on Joe Biden being his VP pick, due to Biden's extensive foreign relations experience, which is probably Obama's weakest area.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

I keep forgetting Biden exists.

Truth be told, I know far more about the Republican nominees.  They're far more amusing.

Mangrove

Meanwhile in New Hampshire....

I won! I won! One step closer, fuckers!
\

:mccain:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Cain

Hillary is leading Obama so far, with 23% of the vote counted (BBC Newsire).

Oh yeah, I went there.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

ONe of the things I have to say about Hilary crying is that I respect it as a campaign move; in the 80's women in business or politics were expected to "act like men" and a lot of stupid cocksucking misogynistic "jokes" are based on this expectation. The reality is, most women do cry more easily/often than most men, and it doesn't make us any less strong; so in a fearless political campaign, a female campaigner should not be afraid to cry, thereby not showing her weakness, but her LACK OF GENDER-BASED FEAR.

GOOD STRATEGY.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

tyrannosaurus vex

Also just in: Ron Paul placed 28th, just behind write-in candidate Cookie Monster. Apparently, you can't win primaries by spamming Digg and /b/ from mommy's basement. Who knew?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.