Living proof that any damn fool can make things more complex

Main Menu

1958/9 - 2008/9

Started by Cain, January 06, 2008, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

That One Guy

Here's a little sampler of the beauty that is Candlepin bowling:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK1V6pIe53Y
People of the United States! We are Unitarian Jihad! We can strike without warning. Pockets of reasonableness and harmony will appear as if from nowhere! Nice people will run the government again! There will be coffee and cookies in the Gandhi Room after the revolution.

Arguing with a Unitarian Universalist is like mud wrestling a pig. Pretty soon you realize the pig likes it.

AFK

It's weird seeing it from that angle.  Makes you realize just how far apart the pins really are. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bharlion

I guess we could tell them it was all a big joke. But I mean we can cause so much hysteria still. Why stop at 50 years. Let us try for making us an official religion so I can get coked to the gills and smoke dope in my den while dressed in army camoflage listening to "Ride of the Valkyries" Goose-stepping all the while for "religious reasons." If other religions can do it. So can we. Make the time honoured rite of getting baked and ranting about Cthulhu and Dagon religious ceremony. We deserve it.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

LMNO

But way should Government recognize Discordians, if Discordians don't recognize Government?

barumunk

its the goverments responcibility to recognise religions and beliefs.... its part of there responcibility

BUT  discordians never claimed the right to reciprocate, and why should we!!!! hehehehehe

its not a mutual agreement!!!! :D  :evil:

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

barumunk

Discordians, would just be reminding them of their duty!!!!! not ours

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

LMNO

Paging Rat and Nigel....  Would Rat and Nigel please report to the thread...

Jasper

I might say I couldn't understand barumuk at all, but that would be false.  I can understand him fine, I just don't understand how I can understand so much of him.

LMNO

It's not that I don't understand him, but Nigel and Rat agreed to handle these matters.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Felix on January 11, 2008, 04:03:11 PM
I might say I couldn't understand barumuk at all, but that would be false.  I can understand him fine, I just don't understand how I can understand so much of him.

Yeah, there was a nice little point wrapped up in that confusingly written little post.
This space for rent.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hi Baramuk!

Although I agree that it is not Discordia's responsibility to recognize government, I would have to say that it is in fact not government's responsibility to recognize Discordia at all... at least in the US, the government's sole responsibility toward religions is to not interfere in their practice, so by completely ignoring Discordia the government is fulfilling all of its responsibility.

I am not sure Discordia can recognize a government, not actually being sentient.

On the other hand, it is probably the responsibilities of Discordians to recognize their governments, as citizens.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hunter , dude, who is your hot avatar?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh. I've heard of him, but I've never seen him.