News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

1958/9 - 2008/9

Started by Cain, January 06, 2008, 04:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: LMNO on January 07, 2008, 05:49:00 PM
Candlepin, or GTFO.

wow.

actually, we're not friends anymore.

ECH,
tenpin or GTFO
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

I expected as much from someone who grew up outside of New England.

Wanker.

East Coast Hustle

Last time I rolled candlepins I actually HURT myself and couldn't walk for 3 days.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Well, just because you're a total wuss doesn't mean you should blame it on the game.

Cain

I never played candlepin.

I am, however, a complete and utter monster at 10 pin bowling.  Give me 3 or 4 goes to get warmed up and I can start taking out pins like there is no tomorrow.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

candlepin is lame. stoopid midget balls

East Coast Hustle

one time I was twacked on speed and ate ten drops of good liquid LSD.

then I went bowling.

then, after a couple crappy throws in the first 2 frames, I threw NOTHING but strikes. 8 or 9 in a row, I can't remember exactly, but I couldn't miss even when I tried. I threw a ball underhand between my legs while facing the wrong way and it was a strike. Finished with a score of 253.

And, of course, everybody in the place had stopped everything they were doing to watch me. And, of course, I was completely unaware of this until I threw the last ball, then turned around to ask the guy next to me to take a look at the scorecard screen just so I had a witness and EVERYBODY was staring at me and broke out cheering. I fucking freaked, and ran out the door with my drink still in hand and the bowling shoes still on my feet.

Luckily, I knew the guy who was working that night, and he was kind enough to save not only my shoes, but the official scorecard from my amazing round.

AFK

Candlepin is ten pin with more balls and wood. 

The official sport of Big Gay Cowboys everywhere. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Suu

In my five-year of New England residency, I have yet to play candlepin/duckpin. However, it sounds like bocce ball to me.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

I've never partaken of duckpin, though I've watched it on TV.  (they televise it in Canada)

Candlepin actually is a good Erisian sport.  I've seen all kinds of wacky action with candlepins that you don't get with ten pin.  I mean, I remember this one time I rolled the ball, it made some weird jump in the end and ended up in the adjacent lane.  I still have no idea how that happened. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Eve

Quote from: Suu Fett on January 09, 2008, 09:26:37 PM
In my five-year of New England residency, I have yet to play candlepin/duckpin. However, it sounds like bocce ball to me.

21 years of NE residency and I still haven't played candlepin. Agreed: sounds like bocce.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

East Coast Hustle

see LMNO?

I'm not the only New England fucktard who has no use for candlepins.

Jasper

I've never even heard of candlepin. 

Chairman Risus