News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

If I publish an artbook...edit-DONE

Started by Suu, January 06, 2008, 10:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you fuck-offs purchase one?

YES OH GREAT SUU! GIVE UNTO THEE YOUR SWAG TO FEED YOUR CAPITALIST SOUL!
4 (50%)
Fuck you, take your petty peddling elsewhere, wench!
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Suu

I get a 40% employee discount at B&N for working at Gamestop....It makes me glad that I rather shop at Borders or else I too would be in the hole.

Though I'm so far behind on reading anyway. Mr. Suu got me the rest of the Legacy of the Force paperbacks for Christmas, and I have yet to finish the fucking first one.  :x
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

i dont really have the money to spare. also, i'm not really that big a fan of artbooks .. i have a few and they just sit on my shelves collecting dust..

but if it was a WOMP artbook (and i had money to spare) i'd buy it, cause that's awesomely cool :-D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

Okay, I think we need to rally for a WOMP book....

CRAAAAAAAM!!!!!!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

I will only buy it if you can assure me the pages won't stick together after a few weeks.

:fap:

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Suu Fett on January 07, 2008, 04:38:59 AM
Publish an artbook and you won't be starving.

We can barter, bitch.

o that works. someday when i make an art book we can trade. lol you will be waiting several years

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

How safe for kids is your art? I've only seen a little.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: LMNO on January 07, 2008, 07:01:41 PM
I will only buy it if you can assure me the pages won't stick together after a few weeks.

:fap:

What you do with the book is your discretion. I make no such guarantee.

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2008, 08:04:48 PM
How safe for kids is your art? I've only seen a little.

I barely do nudity. Things can be mildly suggestive but otherwise there's no sex or drugs. Just rock and roll. I'm working on getting more stuff up on my site because I let it get stagnant for so long I lost interest with the upkeep. But now that I have the new layout and the promise of making more monies this year (the gaming con is a completely new venue for me), I'm trying to make myself more productive.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cool, 'cause if I bought it it would be a family thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

4, 8 and soon-10. A bit young but I would want them to be able to peruse it safely.

Cain

Quote from: Suu Fett on January 07, 2008, 02:05:25 AM
You have a book obsession. Srsly.

I also need to get Syn's PD. Lol. Make that bitch autograph it too.

Of course with an artbook, you aren't reading much, are you? XD

To be fair, at least a third of that was for actual research/citations.  But yes.  It applies to any long piece of writing, in fact.  I obssesively read Comment is Free if I don't have access to my books.

I don't need him to autograph it.  He thanked me by screename somewhere in the book, thats good enough for me.

This is true.  I'll see how my finances are come March.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2008, 10:55:39 PM
Nothing personal, its just I've spent about $600 on books in the past 3 months and I've barely made a dent in my reading list.

Are there libraries in Scotland?
This space for rent.

Cain

Yes.

But, the University library is partially closed down, with books from the effected sections sent to their respective departments.

Problem: IR is interdisciplinary.  I often refer to history and sociology texts, others use economics and philosophy, etc.  Unlike the library, which provides space for reading, the individual departments only allow loans, and obviously favour their own students over others.  So in effect, we may as well NOT have one, right now.

hunter s.durden

Your educational facility is failing you.

Resort to theft.
This space for rent.

Cain

I defrauded the Student Union by creating a society whose sole purpose was to redistribute Union funds to our individual pockets, so thats sorted. Thankfully, the University online journal access makes up for the disruption.  Being able to download thousands of papers is fairly useful.  But now and again, you need a modern, up to date book with the information.  Especially in my case, where the earliest case studies were from the late 90s.