News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

If I publish an artbook...edit-DONE

Started by Suu, January 06, 2008, 10:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would you fuck-offs purchase one?

YES OH GREAT SUU! GIVE UNTO THEE YOUR SWAG TO FEED YOUR CAPITALIST SOUL!
4 (50%)
Fuck you, take your petty peddling elsewhere, wench!
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Suu

I'll be using Lulu, so you get to order from them or like, Borders.com, but yeah. No more than $20, full of my shitty doodles.

You buy, I be happy.

I'm going to actually plan it out a bit tonight. I figure 50 pages, which some for commentary or whatever, biography BS, then like a chapter for sketches, colored pencil, and um...big shit like the street painting festivals.

If anything it's good promo merch for my table...And I will probably want one in about 3 weeks for Templecon. Fuck, I gotta get rollin'.  :x
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

I refuse to buy.

Nothing personal, its just I've spent about $600 on books in the past 3 months and I've barely made a dent in my reading list.

I'll probably get around to buying it in a year or so, kind of like with Syn's version of the PD.  Is that cool?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Quote from: Cain on January 06, 2008, 10:55:39 PM
I refuse to buy.

Nothing personal, its just I've spent about $600 on books in the past 3 months and I've barely made a dent in my reading list.

I'll probably get around to buying it in a year or so, kind of like with Syn's version of the PD.  Is that cool?

You have a book obsession. Srsly.

I also need to get Syn's PD. Lol. Make that bitch autograph it too.

Of course with an artbook, you aren't reading much, are you? XD

Quote from: Nigel on January 07, 2008, 12:51:31 AM
I  might buy it.

It's all good. I threw one of these shameless polls up on each of my forums to see what the response would be...you know, for it to be actually worth it.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

not buying currently, someday when im not a starving artist too

Suu

Publish an artbook and you won't be starving.

We can barter, bitch.

Eve

Perhaps, if I would be able to use my Borders employee discount..
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Sir Squid Diddimus

after wedding+honeymoon, i may buy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Anonymously Evil on January 07, 2008, 05:12:09 AM
Perhaps, if I would be able to use my Borders employee discount..

I worked at Borders for about 700 years. After the first few centuries the charm of after-work drinking with my misanthropist coworkers wore off and I hated it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Eve

I still like the after-work drinking. I mostly hate being stuck in the cafe.. have been making coffee for too long.  :x
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

hunter s.durden

I won't buy, but only because I hope you die poor and alone.
This space for rent.

Cramulus

Only furries buy star wars fan art

just kidding, I'd buy it. Will there be a coloring section? A WOMP section? :p

AFK

I'm pretty stingy with my money, so honestly, I probably wouldn't, no offense.  It's taken me this long to order the hard cover PD.  And it's been out for how long?  And the only reason I got it was because the Exec Director gave everyone Borders Gift Cards. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 07, 2008, 02:29:40 PM
Only furries buy star wars fan art

just kidding, I'd buy it. Will there be a coloring section? A WOMP section? :p

I'll publish a special WOMP edition further down the road.

Actually Cram, if you publish a book of WOMPs, I would fucking buy it and put it on the coffee table. Seriously.

Darth Cupcake

I am on the same page as Cain here. Worst part being, I still can't seem to stop buying books (there's a B&N in Kenmore Square, so close to my office! I get a faculty/staff discount! How can I say no?!). But I'm working on being better about it.

I've almost killed my credit card and once I can start paying my bills every month and still have money to throw into savings, then I'll look into buying nice things. But right now I am living a life of extreme austerity. I have lots of ramen. :cry:
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.