News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

contrast between BIP and PD ....

Started by barumunk, January 10, 2008, 09:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

Quote from: barumunk on January 11, 2008, 02:51:14 PM
Prof.Cram:
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 11, 2008, 02:41:54 PM
What do you think Lollercaust should be about?

Well i was readin the wiki, where the difference/similarities between The Golden Sphere and the BIP...... what if it was a look at how they are the same thing......

kinda like attractive opposites.... for lack of another description. bringing back some of the absurdities of the PD?

You hit the nail on the head here barumunk. The Golden Sphere Of Possibility was a joke on the Black Iron Prison. One common critique of the BIP literature is that its so bleak and depressing it is unattractive. The GSP metaphor was a satirical response that ended up being a bit more discussion-provoking than some had expected.

The idea stands: You can dress the metaphor up however you want, but we reccommend that you get the fuck out of your own head.

ps: Prof Cram, added a link under literature on the wiki to your page on Pipe Bombs hope you dont mind?

Not at all, but I edited it again. Pipe Bombs was a rant by LHX - I just didn't credit him for some reason when I first uploaded that lecture.

good catch though!

HAY GUYS WE'VE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 11, 2008, 08:36:58 PM

HAY GUYS WE'VE GOT A LIVE ONE HERE

I find your opinion compelling, good Professor. Now the question is, do we drag him into the secret and complex depths of PD.COM's revolutionary underground, or do we stick a propeller beanie on his head and hope he distracts the Special Forces units while we slip out the back way?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cramulus

hey newbie, did you know there's a pool on the roof?

srsly, go check it out. It's in the Principia Discussion subforum.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

PD.com: The Chapel Perilous of the Intertubes.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 11, 2008, 08:47:44 PM
trial by fire it is.   :lol:

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra

or

Igne N00vus  Renovatur Integra

AFK

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on January 11, 2008, 09:17:54 PM
Ignite Noobs to Renovate Integrity?

Igne Natura Renovatur Integra (INRI ) - By Fire, all nature is perfectly renewed.  (Old alchemy/hermetic Wisdom)

Igne N00vus  Renovatur Integra - By Fire, all noobs are perfectly renewed.

AFK

Jasper

Alchemy's only useful interpretation is in metaphors, I think.  Not that I can debate the point right this minute.

Cain

I have a podcast by someone who disagrees.  Its 3 hours long.

Jasper

Dear god, I don't have that kind of poop left in me tonight.  What's the short of t?

Cain

I don't know, I only got 40 minutes through it.  To be honest, I was hoping the dude was going to talk about his art more.

Jasper

Either way, my conclusions serve me better than his probably do.

Link to his art, though?

Cain

I cant remember the name now.  I'll have to look it up when I'm less fragile.  Truth be told, I'm only staying awake another 3 hours so I can do my shopping first, then I'm going to bed.  Living on California time while in the UK sucks, it really does.