News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

poo

Started by poo3poo3, January 15, 2008, 02:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poo3poo3

n00b question:
if there were no grayfaces, cabbages, no machine(tm) or any of that bullshit what would anyone be talking about or doing on a day to day basis?
I havent yet thought of a good enough answer to this question... !PLEH

East Coast Hustle

we'd be complaining about the weather and jerking off in our socks, of course.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cain

AFK

I'm fairly certain Rule 34 would have the same dominance it currently enjoys. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

So, everyone walking around, blissfully aware and enlightened?

Society would grind to a halt, and a gentle "fapping" noise would be heard from coast to coast.

poo3poo3

Cramulus

I'm guessing even if there were some sort of Discordian utopia we'd still be pranking people and arguing about what's wrong with it.

I mean, to most people, there are no grayfaces, cabbages, MachineTM, etc. What are they talking about?

LMNO

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 15, 2008, 03:12:26 PM
I mean, to most people, there are no grayfaces, cabbages, MachineTM, etc. What are they talking about?

OOOOOOOOOooooooh!

Someone give Cram an Intertruck!

Jasper

So in other words, we need something to dislike to unify and define us?

East Coast Hustle

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Felix on January 15, 2008, 08:46:41 PM

No, in the absence of anything to dislike, we would just pick on each other, which is what we already do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

but what if we actually DO dislike each other?

or, more to the point, what if I actually DO dislike most of you?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

even better, then.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: Felix on January 15, 2008, 08:46:41 PM

Everyone does.  Remember that hilarious period after the end of the Cold War, when everyone was trying to make Japan the next Great Enemy?  Neither do I, because I was watching Sesame Street at the time, but it still happened, was still hilarious, and suggests everyone needs an enemy.  The only reason they dropped Japan is because there was Somalia, and Bosnia and Kosovo and Afghanstan etc

Jasper

So with that in mind, how do we use this phenomenon?