News:

There's only a handful of you, and you're acting like obsessed lunatics.

I honestly wouldn't want to ever be washed up on the shore unconscious on an island run by you lot.

Main Menu

Contribution

Started by Richter, January 15, 2008, 03:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Here's something.
It's creative, funny, off the wall, and entirely NOT what you'd expect.
It's meta.
It's outside the box.
It's not for critics, mocking the mockery.
It's purposefully bad, simplistic, and recursive JUST to prove how good it is.
The points it makes about life and the inferences you draw from it are so deep and well hidden that only a fool would superficially denounce it. 
Too short for a holy book, to long for a meme bomb.

This anemic piece of shit, without design purpose or forethought, there's not even a punch line.
I wrote it because I'm bored caffeinated and on hold.

As Mushashi said, you can only go so far into the mountains before you come out on the other side of them.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Unless you die of pneumonia.

Cramulus

Richter

:lulz:

Musashi DID die living in a cave in the mountains after all.
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

Sounds like a tosser if you ask me.  Published a quote about coming out the other side of the mountain then died on one.

Richter

By most accounts, the man was an asshole.  (Though quite pragmatic)
One of his claims was killing a famous swordsman with a wooden sword.
Some say this meant his opponent was offended at Musashi's use of a practice weapon, and got sloppy in his anger.
One take on it is Musashi beaned him with an oar while his back was turned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Richter on January 15, 2008, 03:40:43 PM

As Mushashi said, you can only go so far into the mountains before you come out on the other side of them.

Unless, of course, you're crushed under tons of falling boulders.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Richter

Or get mauled by a bear.   

LMNO

Quote from: Richter on January 15, 2008, 10:00:39 PM
By most accounts, the man was an asshole.  (Though quite pragmatic)
One of his claims was killing a famous swordsman with a wooden sword.
Some say this meant his opponent was offended at Musashi's use of a practice weapon, and got sloppy in his anger.
One take on it is Musashi beaned him with an oar while his back was turned.

To be honest, that's how I'd fight a trained samurai.

Cain

Musashi was much less of an asshole then he could have been.  He was Japan's greatest swordsman, after all, and he gave up using a sword after the age of 30.  That's pretty fair.

Also, rant is LOL

Richter

One thing that's always impressed me about him is how much his ideas paralell those of alternative warfare.  Compared to the cultural precedents of formalized combat and traditional swordplay, he was (In tactics, swordplay, and mindset) doing very direct things his opponents would least expect.  Granted, there's just as much myth to the samurai as to "Old West" gunslingers, but even by rough and dirty fighting standards he was quite shrewd.     

Cain

Indeed.  There are some stories of his more famous fights in Greene's The 33 Strategies of War and the main theme of his seems to be surprise, agititation and pragmatism.  I'm down with that.

Jasper