News:

Testimonial: "None of you seem aware of quite how bad you are. I mean I'm pretty outspoken on how bad the internet has gotten, but this is up there with the worst."

Main Menu

Reason to live:

Started by Jasper, January 16, 2008, 03:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sepia

On my shelf I have a 1963 Niepoort my dad bought when he was a young sailor and never got around to open. After he found out he didn't like port I got it 20 odd years later.

I had a graham from 1979 once which had been stored in casket for six years, the rest in the bottle and it tasted like heaven.

Also, planning my vacation to porto in the beginning of August. Three weeks of drinking ports of different sorts.

To keep it rollin', I'm interested in what ports you people usually buy, whether it's the highend expensive shit or the midsection for when to get drunk. Getting drunk on a half bottle of niepoort lbv and a bottle of ok cava is fucking excellent.

Brands to steer clear from:
Sandeman (the ordinary, the lbv and the invalid works)
Kopke (even their "high end" tastes like shit, don't go there)

Also don't drink ports that are young unless it was an exceptional year. Ports that are aged less than 18 months taste like cheap portugese wine mixed with cheap brandy. 3 years is a minimum if you're low on cash, otherwise go for 6+.
Everyone will always be too late