News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

OMGASM at BlackIronPrison.com

Started by Cramulus, January 16, 2008, 07:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diseris

this space intentionally left blank.

You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Triple Zero

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 25, 2008, 03:54:35 PM
Yo, do you other wiki admins think it would be prudent to open up registration to the general public?

i's up to the wiki admins of course, but i'd say the signup procedure has been rather quickly, and opening it up for the general public will also require moderation and checking for possible spammage/vandalism/etc.

Quote from: Diseris on January 26, 2008, 05:03:43 PMcan someone sign me up there?  got a few poster stops to make this morning...

i can't give you an account, but you can simply download the posters without having an account:
http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=POSTERGASM
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Diseris

You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

AFK

I'll set you up.  Expect a PM shortly. 

And I tend to agree with 000.  As soon as I see a request I set the account up and during the week I'm pretty much available from 8:30 to 4:30 EST.  Requests on the weekend probably should go to Cram.  Also, if worse comes to worse one could always drop a request with Syn over at POEE as he's the one who started the whole thing. 

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Diseris

lame, remember to learn to use the wife's camera phone before you start...

other notes: 

cut your avery labels down to pocket sized chunks, they're great to use for tape.

grrrrrrrrrr.....thought you could just snap and go w/ the camera phone, but it trashes the pict if you don't go out of your way to save it...  got more paper for next time though.

Cramulus

BBBBBUUUUMMMMPPPPP

BUMPED to initiate discussion on some points Manta Obscura offered about the POSTERGASM website:

to suggest possible talking points
THE BOLDNESS has been added by yours truly

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 22, 2008, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on October 22, 2008, 03:28:50 PM
Hey, do you think the current POSTERGASM wiki page could be organized better? I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

I actually really like the setup of that Wiki page. The only things that I would change, if I had unlimited autocratic power, would be:

1) Make the "Mission" and "Objective" sections their own sub-headings, like the "Materials" Sub-heading. That way new users' eyes can be instantly drawn to the important sections they're looking for.

2) Transfer the "Why I put up posters" essay to a new sub-heading titled something like "PosterGASM in Action." Another good thing to put under this section would be to include links to people's flickr/photobucket pages, so that a new BIP visitor will see that people actually DO this stuff and don't just talk about it. The pics that are already on the page are a good start, but it would be neat to see a more fleshed-out archive link that went to some of the more notable posters, or links that go to individuals' pages.

3) A more long-term goal: a section which outlines the laws about where posters may be legally put up. I know a few Discordians-in-the-works who are a bit intimidated, thinking that they'll get carted off in a paddy wagon for putting a sign up on a telephone pole or something.

4) Even more long-term: a section which gives illegal places/ways to put stuff up, and how (hypothetically, of course :wink:) one would go about doing it without getting caught. For example, I have tried (and on a few occasions, nearly been caught) carving the message into a less-than public place (not civilian property, mind you; that would be an asshole thing to do) so that my hard work wouldn't be torn down in an hour by a zealous cleaning crew. This section could expand into a whole new Wiki page, called "NinjaGASM," or something.

And that's it, really. Minor criticisms, because the page is pretty solid as it is right now.

~Happiness

Manta Obscura

Quote from: Cramulus on November 30, 2008, 12:58:36 AM
BBBBBUUUUMMMMPPPPP

BUMPED to initiate discussion on some points Manta Obscura offered about the POSTERGASM website:

to suggest possible talking points
THE BOLDNESS has been added by yours truly

Quote from: Manta Obscura on October 22, 2008, 03:58:31 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on October 22, 2008, 03:28:50 PM
Hey, do you think the current POSTERGASM wiki page could be organized better? I'd be interested in hearing what you think.

I actually really like the setup of that Wiki page. The only things that I would change, if I had unlimited autocratic power, would be:

1) Make the "Mission" and "Objective" sections their own sub-headings, like the "Materials" Sub-heading. That way new users' eyes can be instantly drawn to the important sections they're looking for.

2) Transfer the "Why I put up posters" essay to a new sub-heading titled something like "PosterGASM in Action." Another good thing to put under this section would be to include links to people's flickr/photobucket pages, so that a new BIP visitor will see that people actually DO this stuff and don't just talk about it. The pics that are already on the page are a good start, but it would be neat to see a more fleshed-out archive link that went to some of the more notable posters, or links that go to individuals' pages.

3) A more long-term goal: a section which outlines the laws about where posters may be legally put up. I know a few Discordians-in-the-works who are a bit intimidated, thinking that they'll get carted off in a paddy wagon for putting a sign up on a telephone pole or something.

4) Even more long-term: a section which gives illegal places/ways to put stuff up, and how (hypothetically, of course :wink:) one would go about doing it without getting caught. For example, I have tried (and on a few occasions, nearly been caught) carving the message into a less-than public place (not civilian property, mind you; that would be an asshole thing to do) so that my hard work wouldn't be torn down in an hour by a zealous cleaning crew. This section could expand into a whole new Wiki page, called "NinjaGASM," or something.

And that's it, really. Minor criticisms, because the page is pretty solid as it is right now.

~Happiness

I'm in the process of researching graffiti and free-expression laws to address points 3 and 4. Because of the different local and regional laws against various acts of "vandalism," it will take awhile to finish and bring together my research.

Until I get a complete set of rules, here's something to know thy enemy:
http://www.anti-graffiti.org/links.htm
http://www.graffitihurts.org/community_resources/prevention.cfm#anti_graffiti_laws

Note: I know that the posters are not technically "graffiti," but the laws which limit the distribution or placement of printed materials tend to refer to the censored signs as graffiti anyway.
Everything I wish for myself, I wish for you also.

Telarus

Bump, because the thread is worth re-reading.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!