News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bringdownthesystem

Yes I would like that account, and the link to the PDF was http://mihd.net/qulkmi and I believe that download is in PDF format, so that'd be cool if you want to put it on Vex's.

Oh, and guys...gotta say:
I went on my first POSTERGASM outing tonight (12:38 so most things closed) lol, it was VERY fun. I took pictures on my shitty cell phone, so if I DO get them up their not great. However it was hilarious, we hit a couple church's, blockbuster, hospital, 2 gas station pumps(which works good for long reads), a library, THE FUCKING COURTHOUSE DOOR lol...ummm the Bowling Alley, Burger King Drive through on a thing above the speaker....and last but not least we put up our favorite "Now that you've read this I'll follow you home"...and we put it on the Wal-Mart missing children glass cover of those bulletins. Classic.

I used some from Mine I just recently made (adding more to them as I think..) and then some from the one's you all have listed on the wiki.

Cramulus

Quote from: bringdownthesystem on February 21, 2008, 06:40:46 AM
Yes I would like that account, and the link to the PDF was http://mihd.net/qulkmi and I believe that download is in PDF format, so that'd be cool if you want to put it on Vex's.

Oh, and guys...gotta say:
I went on my first POSTERGASM outing tonight (12:38 so most things closed) lol, it was VERY fun. I took pictures on my shitty cell phone, so if I DO get them up their not great. However it was hilarious, we hit a couple church's, blockbuster, hospital, 2 gas station pumps(which works good for long reads), a library, THE FUCKING COURTHOUSE DOOR lol...ummm the Bowling Alley, Burger King Drive through on a thing above the speaker....and last but not least we put up our favorite "Now that you've read this I'll follow you home"...and we put it on the Wal-Mart missing children glass cover of those bulletins. Classic.

I used some from Mine I just recently made (adding more to them as I think..) and then some from the one's you all have listed on the wiki.

RAWK ON, man. Never thought of gas pumps for the longer pieces, either. Good call.

I've done some covert spying on people reading posters, and I've found that unless they're a captive audience, they're not going to finish the longer (Roger) rants.

bringdownthesystem

HAHAHAH  :D
Just got word from my only other Cabal member (only two, does that count? We'll grow)....and he just informed me that he is at one of the gas stations, and they called the cops last night after finding the poster (he knows guy who works there) mainly because at the bottom I had the URL www.blackironprison.com and in this redneck southern town it was taken as a racist "inprison the blacks type thing" lol. LMFAO

Cramulus

*snicker*

we actually have a thread about that. http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=13141.0

Quote from: LMNO on June 22, 2007, 01:06:50 PM
Oh, I get it.

The seal that Syn made-- he predicted someone would see the latin translation of "black" and immediately leap to racist conclusions.

We talked about it for a while, and then we concluded that anyone who would think a latin translation of "black iron prison" was racist was, in fact, a complete fucking idiot.

Well, looks like we wore 169% RIGHT about that one.

bringdownthesystem

Heh, well I would have even excused it more about the cops thing IIIIF I say IF I had put the seal. It just said www.blackironprison.com lol...Oklahoma small towns are funny...immediately jump to conclusions over nothing.

"OH MY GOD IT SAID BLACK AND PRISON!!" :argh!:

But the COPS? Who calls the fuzz over a poster on a gas pump lol...oh no, it said something about freethinking...we better call the police before the KKK rise up again?

Also, for reference it's that one in my posters I made the other day that says LOOK! really big at the top and then has the small text towards the bottom...

Oh, yeah also could I get an account on the wiki?

Cramulus

Well the cool thing is that all of this hullabaloo might just draw out some actual investigation of the website. police attention is a better result than some gaspump goon ripping it down without reading it. most of us don't get the benefit of seeing the reaction to our posters, so you got a rare treat there.  :D

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: EmmaE on February 21, 2008, 01:41:24 AM
Here's my (minor) contribution to POSTERGASM:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/e-e/sets/72157603953372321/

I gotta say, it was this project that inspired me to be active and do something. I really dig it. :)

Glorious. :lol:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Quote from: bringdownthesystem on February 21, 2008, 06:23:11 PM
HAHAHAH  :D
Just got word from my only other Cabal member (only two, does that count? We'll grow)....and he just informed me that he is at one of the gas stations, and they called the cops last night after finding the poster (he knows guy who works there) mainly because at the bottom I had the URL www.blackironprison.com and in this redneck southern town it was taken as a racist "inprison the blacks type thing" lol. LMFAO

Also, glorious.

:lulz:

Cramulus

:pax:

Matt, your file is now hosted here: http://www.cwyohba.org/noexit//grantsposters.pdf

bringdownthesystem

I'm not sure it was completely a racist thing now, partly yes. But it seems the full story is that people called the cops suspecting some kind of cultist weird society or organization...probably especially after posters of similar nature appear all over town and on the court house.

Also, thanks Professor. Also guys don't think I'm too stupid using my name, Matthew Pizgatti is an alias as well...it's cool. I'm going to add that new link to the wiki if you haven't already. Thanks for putting it up once again.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

bringdownthesystem

Little do they know that is closer to the truth than the racism theory. :fap:

Oh,

EDIT:
We went around the other day with about 25 more signs of varying things and hit every major building in our small city here. Today I just printed out around 35 posters, 11 something longer ones  of Roger's, and around 15 of those 23 things to do while you wait fliers (wasted about 20 pages until I found out how to print those pamphlets on opposite sides of paper.), and then around 6-7 of some certain ones to go on windshields and such. It'll be fun next time we can get over into town. I would love to take more pictures guys, but even if I put them in the computer it's with my phone so they are crappy as hell, and you have the choice of a far away picture where you can't read the sign but can see where it's posted or a close up to read the sign but can see where it is....

Triple Zero

Quote from: bringdownthesystem on February 22, 2008, 09:40:31 PMI would love to take more pictures guys, but even if I put them in the computer it's with my phone so they are crappy as hell, and you have the choice of a far away picture where you can't read the sign but can see where it's posted or a close up to read the sign but can see where it is....

just keep us updated about the cult/police story :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

bringdownthesystem

Ah...it seems that someone...yeah, someone...decided to go on a drunken spree? They ripped all the posters out of the local post office, and put up postergasm stuff, the post office plaque picture things are all down the street, it seems these unnamed people also took newspapers off the step of a local stores front and spread them down and around the street and placed meme bombs in many mailboxes...

Is that a federal offense for those unnamed persons? as well as a curfew thing at 1 in da morning?

Quote from: bringdownthesystem on February 27, 2008, 07:29:50 PM
Ah...it seems that someone...yeah, someone...decided to go on a drunken spree? They ripped all the posters out of the local post office, and put up postergasm stuff, the post office plaque picture things are all down the street, it seems these unnamed people also took newspapers off the step of a local stores front and spread them down and around the street and placed meme bombs in many mailboxes...

Is that a federal offense for those unnamed persons? as well as a curfew thing at 1 in da morning?

Regardless of the law, associating the posters with unthinking vandalism seems kinda counterproductive.