News:

To the "allies," if you aren't complicit in my crimes then you are complicit in theirs.

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoser McRhizzy

I can't remember where I initially found this poster or who made it, but I wanted to say that this one

has been left up longer than any others I've left around campus and downtown.*  No, the one that's not the boob.  The 'gulik juice' poster has lasted 2 months and counting, while the rest usually come down within the week.  If you (whoever is reading this) invented it, you are the awesomeness.

(*Except for that one sticky note "your friend likes this" which is still on the glass bookcase in my department almost a year after the fact.  I love seeing that thing every day.)
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

Lenin McCarthy

*bump*

I will start POSTERGASMing like hell as soon as I find something that survives translation to Norwegian.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on December 20, 2011, 08:09:36 PM
*bump*

I will start POSTERGASMing like hell as soon as I find something that survives translation to Norwegian.

This is a good idea. Mind if I join ya?
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Lenin McCarthy

Quote from: Waffle Iron on December 21, 2011, 03:50:59 AM
Quote from: Lenin McCarthy on December 20, 2011, 08:09:36 PM
*bump*

This is a good idea. Mind if I join ya?
Of course not! I'll spend my Christmas break trying to come up with something.

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: trix on September 22, 2011, 03:53:01 PM
I just realized that I never updated my prior post, in case anyone is interested.

I put up Volume Aleph, Dingus, and Calvinball, all over campus.  By the very next day more then half of the flyers had been taken down =(.  Each day since, I notice even more missing.  The upside is I know people are noticing them, I've heard random conversations about some of them, and I know for sure that every single one was noticed at least by the person(s) taking them down. 

The first ones to come down were, of course, the "Miscarriage is manslaughter" and "Christian Dating" ones, as I put them on the bulletin normally used by the Campus Crusade for Christ, which is the college evangelist nutjob society that are the pushiest and most self-righteous in-your-face group we have.  In fact, we had an event last year with a local senator come to campus, and since one of her things was anti gay marriage, the local LGBT (or is it LBGT?  I dunno, it's the gays) group staged a peaceful protest out front, and tons of other student not even a part of the club joined in to help make the senator feel "welcome".  As I think being against gay marriage is retarded, I too joined in, but the church nutjobs did a thing of their own in support of the senator and had their anti-protest protest stand in front of us being lame.  Anyway I got off topic.

There's still one more volume I haven't done, but since the bulletin boards on campus get cleared at the end of the month, I'm going to wait until the first before I put them up.  Also I'm going to buy a fuckton of googley eyes because those pics I saw are hilarious!

Anyway, thanks for the lulz folks!  Everything I heard from students about your posters was positive!  Except for the Evangelists of course, but insults from them can be taken as a compliment.

For college campuses, there's an easy way to help make your shit look "official".

Just find an already posted flier with a clean stamp of approval (I assume it's quite standard to have to validate fliers for posting...) Scan that and shop the expiration date. rotate to random orientations and print over existing fliers.

I had trouble keeping fliers up at my community college- that small detail was pretty good at extending the life of some.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Iron Sulfide on December 27, 2011, 09:29:28 AM
For college campuses, there's an easy way to help make your shit look "official".

Just find an already posted flier with a clean stamp of approval (I assume it's quite standard to have to validate fliers for posting...) Scan that and shop the expiration date. rotate to random orientations and print over existing fliers.

I had trouble keeping fliers up at my community college- that small detail was pretty good at extending the life of some.

I've done this also; I can also vouch that it pisses the official stamp-holders right the fuck off. :lol:

Cramulus

Steve Colin made his own version of my favorite poster.  :)

I fucking LOVE it when this happens

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Chairman Risus

Quote from: Cramulus on January 20, 2012, 05:14:58 PM

I'm totally going to do some take-offs of this.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cramulus on January 20, 2012, 05:14:58 PM

That's a damn good one!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

trix

I just wanted to bump this back up because I saw somebody say before that GASM's are dead.

If you think that is true, please don't forget that some of us operate with the KYFMS system and don't bother reporting on it here.  I bragged a bit during my very first round of throwing up posters, but in the large amount of time since then, my cabal has stolen many of the posters and other GASM ideas and material and spread the Eris, without reporting in. 

Please do not close or give up on GASMs just because direct immediate participation may suffer.  Remember those of us who are not original and shamelessly steal good ideas and put them out there quietly.  Not to mention all of the things here we didn't copy verbatim but that inspired our own somewhat related missions.

You may not always see all the results of the brilliance you guys put out on the internets, but it definitely reaches farther than it would seem to.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Bu🤠ns

I never thought of GASMs as a movement, that "could die".  I thought they were more like activities.  Like saying a GASM is dead is like saying coloring a coloring book is dead. It's not even a comment to worry about. 

Reginald Ret

Either way, trix: thanks for the bump.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I've seen a lot of posterGASM-like material from (seemingly) non-discordian sources in the past year or two. I can't say if this is a success, a cynical re-appropriation by the Spectacle, or just something relating to awareness or the group I associate with. But, if we don't do posterGASM, the straights will -- and while I don't have strong feelings either way about that, it might push some decisions.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

trix

Quote from: Roko's Modern Basilisk on July 14, 2014, 01:10:43 AM
I've seen a lot of posterGASM-like material from (seemingly) non-discordian sources in the past year or two. I can't say if this is a success, a cynical re-appropriation by the Spectacle, or just something relating to awareness or the group I associate with. But, if we don't do posterGASM, the straights will -- and while I don't have strong feelings either way about that, it might push some decisions.

When you say, (seemingly) non-discordian sources, do you mean the material does not seem to convey the type of humor or style that a Discordian is likely to use, or do you just mean that you don't recognize the posters themselves from any of the posterGASM collections you've seen?

I'm just wondering if those posters are, themselves, not Discordian at all in nature, or just not from a recognizable discordian source.

I'm finding it hard to come up with words today, my head is in a weird place, apologies if my question is confusing or stupid
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.