News:

If you can't abuse it, it's not power.

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Very true.

I've bumped your post on EB&G, btw.  I doubt many there will get into it, but maybe a few will.

Jenne

Rainy weather means this will have to be INside out here...hm...*thinks of alternatives to outside poles*

Excellent work, you two, btw!

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Jenne on January 22, 2008, 01:25:43 AM
Rainy weather means this will have to be INside out here...hm...*thinks of alternatives to outside poles*

Excellent work, you two, btw!
LAMINATION FTW

Jenne

:lol:  I don't have those er capabilities.  No access to FedexKinko's here, bub!  But a poster blitz sounds just the ticket.

Just might have to wait til the rainy stuff moves out of town, or think of places I could put them up in "public" view that are shelterd from the wet.  I'm thinking public library or something like that.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Jenne on January 22, 2008, 01:35:41 AM
:lol:  I don't have those er capabilities.  No access to FedexKinko's here, bub!  But a poster blitz sounds just the ticket.

Just might have to wait til the rainy stuff moves out of town, or think of places I could put them up in "public" view that are shelterd from the wet.  I'm thinking public library or something like that.

No Kinkos? WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

Public transit is another good place to leave flyers, especially longer materials.

Also, welcome back Jenne.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Just use a home printer.  Paper is cheap (and will be cheaper when paper shares plummet) and black and white printing hardly uses up the ink cartons with any great speed.

Also, I hit the University's economic department this morning.  It seemed....right, to spread some chaos there on a day like today.

Jenne

Quote from: Netaungrot on January 22, 2008, 03:33:30 PM
Quote from: Jenne on January 22, 2008, 01:35:41 AM

No Kinkos? WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?

Public transit is another good place to leave flyers, especially longer materials.

Also, welcome back Jenne.

Thanks, Net.

Tr00f.  And guess what I discovered at our school locked in a cabinet I have a key to:

A LAMINATING MASHEEN!

:D

So, we will be seeing some postergasmic activities oot and aboot--Friday, I believe, shall be a wondrous day to move forward...might rain that day, but who gives a fuck?

Plasticated omgwtfbbq posters ftw.

Jenne

Oh, and hey, I'm thinking of putting up some shit from marriedtothesea.com...with their ref at the bottom of course...

Cramulus

Awsom!

I can't wait so see some more photos posted on flickr and tagged "postergasm"

because right now I'm the only one up there

and I'm having a short, silly, stupid battle on 23ae. There are some armchair Discordians who don't want to participate because they don't think it's possible to organize Discordians and accomplish anything. Please help me please them wrong?

JENNE - If I haven't said it yet, nice to see you 'round these parts! And also: Married to the Sea is A-OK and has some great material that might be used for this project. I almost think it would be more interesting to leave out the reference to the website. That way it won't look like an advertisement. People have a tendency to see stuff posted in public and assume that it's for some commercial purpose. I think it would have more impact if you don't leave the option for people to consider it an ad. Totally your choice though!

Jenne

I thought about not ref...but I want to give Drew and Nat their due, yknow?  They make their living off of it, and the advert is so random (I mean, srsly, who's "marriedtothesea"?)...but then I've been wearing their t-shirts around town and getting "what's that?" and "explain that!" from all these moms at the schools.

There's this one:  You have cholera.  With this little blue pill thingie:

that is on this orange background that I wear...drives people nuts.

They also like my "Exercising Blows" t-shirt from toothpastefordinner.

Jenne

Stupid stinking meme sheet keeps crashing my crappy browser!  May have to do this on my PC.  I printed out some sticker labels to leave in random places, though.

ETA:  Ok, not that you all care, but I'm all printed out and ret ta go!  :D  I'll have to make my kids my partners in crime so I can get pix done...might get awkward trying to take 'em myself...hm...also, I travel light, so it'll have to be phone pix or gtfo, sorry.  The only other digital cam we have is my husband's prized Cannon that I am rarely allowed to touch. 

Eve

Quote from: Jenne on January 23, 2008, 03:18:03 AM
I thought about not ref...but I want to give Drew and Nat their due, yknow?  They make their living off of it, and the advert is so random (I mean, srsly, who's "marriedtothesea"?)...but then I've been wearing their t-shirts around town and getting "what's that?" and "explain that!" from all these moms at the schools.

There's this one:  You have cholera.  With this little blue pill thingie:

that is on this orange background that I wear...drives people nuts.

They also like my "Exercising Blows" t-shirt from toothpastefordinner.

I wore my "Meaning" toothpastefordinner shirt today.
"What's the meaning of this?!" "Oh, it's a pronoun"
:D
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Jenne

My poor kid--I bought at LEAST 5 t-shirts from tpfd for him...he barely "got" them.  When he figures them out, though, he comes running in and is very excited about it.  :lulz:  I'm not a nice mom.  But hey, the tshirts are teh awesome.

His fave right now is the matrix one.

Also:

(postergasm, the beginning photos + syn's pd book)

Cain

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 23, 2008, 03:12:42 AM
and I'm having a short, silly, stupid battle on 23ae. There are some armchair Discordians who don't want to participate because they don't think it's possible to organize Discordians and accomplish anything. Please help me please them wrong?

Is that the whole basis of their argument?

What idiots.  I suspect what they mean is that its much easier to just call yourself a Discordian and act wacky on a forum all day long instead of, you know...actually doing something.

And hell, its not like your even asking them to blow up the Federal Reserve (hi, NSA-bot!), or even do something borderline illegal like run the DoJ website through Gigaloader 23,000 times.  Its using a printer, some paper and your spare time.  Without wanting to make too many assumptions about people I have never met, these people sound like they suffer from Special Nerditis.  They have their own little in joke (ie; Discordianism) that makes them feel superior to all the Grays and Cabbages, and they take great pride in that because they have little else to be proud about.  Therefore, spreading the word or doing jakes, doing things that could let others in on the joke, threatens their oh so special status.

Or words to that effect.  Its pretty much the same as Subgenii who are obssesed with "Bobbies", Pagans obsessed with "fluffy bunnies" and all secret societies everywhere.

Cain

My printer has decided the way forward is purple...which is not helpful.