News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Simple retort for pro-disorganize pinealists:

1. "Was Hagbard Celine a Discordian?" (yes)
2. "Was the crew of the Leif Ericson Discordian?" (yes)
3. "How did they get things done?" (organization)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 23, 2008, 05:53:14 AM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on January 23, 2008, 03:12:42 AM
and I'm having a short, silly, stupid battle on 23ae. There are some armchair Discordians who don't want to participate because they don't think it's possible to organize Discordians and accomplish anything. Please help me please them wrong?

Is that the whole basis of their argument?

What idiots.  I suspect what they mean is that its much easier to just call yourself a Discordian and act wacky on a forum all day long instead of, you know...actually doing something.

And hell, its not like your even asking them to blow up the Federal Reserve (hi, NSA-bot!), or even do something borderline illegal like run the DoJ website through Gigaloader 23,000 times.  Its using a printer, some paper and your spare time.  Without wanting to make too many assumptions about people I have never met, these people sound like they suffer from Special Nerditis.  They have their own little in joke (ie; Discordianism) that makes them feel superior to all the Grays and Cabbages, and they take great pride in that because they have little else to be proud about.  Therefore, spreading the word or doing jakes, doing things that could let others in on the joke, threatens their oh so special status.

Or words to that effect.  Its pretty much the same as Subgenii who are obssesed with "Bobbies", Pagans obsessed with "fluffy bunnies" and all secret societies everywhere.

I think that may be true in some sense... but let's not beat them too harshly yet. George Dorn didn't grok Hagbard at first either ;-)

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Diseris

Updated/ modified the 5160 labels for PG for winpub 2k, haven't been able to post em on BIP wiki.  If anyone could use em, let me know.
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 23, 2008, 05:55:09 PM
and I'm having a short, silly, stupid battle on 23ae. There are some armchair Discordians who don't want to participate because they don't think it's possible to organize Discordians and accomplish anything. Please help me please them wrong?

What idiots.  I suspect what they mean is that its much easier to just call yourself a Discordian and act wacky on a forum all day long instead of, you know...actually doing something.

And hell, its not like your even asking them to blow up the Federal Reserve (hi, NSA-bot!), or even do something borderline illegal like run the DoJ website through Gigaloader 23,000 times.  Its using a printer, some paper and your spare time.  Without wanting to make too many assumptions about people I have never met, these people sound like they suffer from Special Nerditis.  They have their own little in joke (ie; Discordianism) that makes them feel superior to all the Grays and Cabbages, and they take great pride in that because they have little else to be proud about.  Therefore, spreading the word or doing jakes, doing things that could let others in on the joke, threatens their oh so special status.

Or words to that effect.  Its pretty much the same as Subgenii who are obssesed with "Bobbies", Pagans obsessed with "fluffy bunnies" and all secret societies everywhere.

I think that may be true in some sense... but let's not beat them too harshly yet. George Dorn didn't grok Hagbard at first either ;-)

I've been hanging around with Pagans lately.  They make me want to hit people.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2008, 05:56:29 AM
Quote from: Ratatosk on January 23, 2008, 05:55:09 PM

Ah, I see.

LMNO

What's compelling you to hang out with hippies?

Cain

Quote from: LMNO on January 24, 2008, 01:08:40 PM

In an online sense.  Offline I've already discovered the local ones are humourless and, even worse, throw crap parties.

LMNO

Rumor is they're fairly promiscuous, though.

But you have to bring your own soap.

Cain

Yes, I think they all heard this rumour as well.

Well, except for maybe one of the goth chicks.  But I got the impression she was too gothique for that sort of thing.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2008, 01:26:25 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 24, 2008, 01:08:40 PM

In an online sense.  Offline I've already discovered the local ones are humourless and, even worse, throw crap parties.

You just hang out with the wrong ones...

Cain

This is true, but we don't have any Vikings around here.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2008, 02:09:01 PM
This is true, but we don't have any Vikings around here.

Did I ever tell you about the most awesome and authentic Vikings I ever met? It was a SCA group at Pennsic... from Japan. Perfect replicas, camp layout, living quarters, cookware, all perfect... for 4'9", beardless Vikings.

They even drank like Vikings... or SCAdians (not a lot of difference).

Cain

:lulz:

I'll give the Japanese this much, when they set out to do something, they try their damndest at it, regardless of how insane or unlikely it may be.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2008, 02:24:28 PM
:lulz:

I'll give the Japanese this much, when they set out to do something, they try their damndest at it, regardless of how insane or unlikely it may be.

Yeah, I thought it was fantastic... absurd and a testament to the Erisian aspect of the SCA (secretly a cult celebrating the Holey Union of Dionysus and Eris).

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk