News:

You know what I always say? "Always kill the mouthy one", that's what I always say.

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Golden Applesauce

I clicked on the link, but I have NoScript.  :D

Yeah, I hate most ads with a passion.  When the power goes out our microwave alternates between telling you how to reset the clock and flashing "[Brand name] - Simply the Best" and that really pissed me off.

Does anyone (in the US at least) remember those Dorito commercials that college students submitted?  Some of those were really, really good, and I definitely remember going to their site specifically to watch commercials.

I tend not to google / wikipedia a word or phrase unless I'm reading something which assumes knowledge of it and have access to the internetz at the time.  So I'd suggest something like "Google Principia Discordia" on the flyers.  It has more of a "Do your own research!" feel that I think would appeal to our target audience.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cramulus

Quote from: Golden Applesauce on March 17, 2008, 04:25:22 AM
So I'd suggest something like "Google Principia Discordia" on the flyers.  It has more of a "Do your own research!" feel that I think would appeal to our target audience.

great idea!

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bu🤠ns

Verbal Mike

Quote from: burnstoupee on March 17, 2008, 07:16:38 AM
:mittens: :lulz:  :mittens: :lulz:  :mittens: :lulz:  :mittens: :lulz:
2nded.
:lulz::lulz:

See, that's the kind of thing where a URL is good because the rest of the poster is so zany. Anyone who actually reads it could not possibly think it's a real ad.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Triple Zero

very nice.

except for the first four sentences because to me they read to finish with "THEN YOU MAY BE A SNOBISTIC GEEK [no matter what you pathetic fucker like to call your own special world]", which is something that pisses me off even more than finding something i like on TV or following a URL on a poster-ad.
i think it's especially the 3rd and 4th question that makes me feel like it attracts pathetic pineal bobbies like flies on shit.

don't get me wrong, i like the poster, but this is seriously the first thing that pops into my mind, "oh another bunch of college students trying to form a geek squad".

i'd still check it out though, but with a lot of reservations.

maybe my perception is a bit warped due to this messageboard. but on the other hand, i do know several people IRL that occasionally like to be "random", but completely lack in any kind of grace or insight of the execution and cause this sort of hurting UNNG groan deep inside of me. the best bit is when i comment and they answer they don't care what anybody else thinks .. :-(
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

I'd make the advertising non-obstrusive and as small as possible while still being readable.  I mean, literally put it in size 8 font on the bottom left corner of the poster or something.  And only put it on half of them.

If you've set your heart on advertising, that is.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: triple zero on March 17, 2008, 11:46:13 AM
maybe my perception is a bit warped due to this messageboard. but on the other hand, i do know several people IRL that occasionally like to be "random", but completely lack in any kind of grace or insight of the execution and cause this sort of hurting UNNG groan deep inside of me. the best bit is when i comment and they answer they don't care what anybody else thinks .. :-(

No "maybe" about it. My perception was changed by 132% when I joined this board.

Quote from: Cain on March 17, 2008, 01:19:50 PM
I'd make the advertising non-obstrusive and as small as possible while still being readable.  I mean, literally put it in size 8 font on the bottom left corner of the poster or something.  And only put it on half of them.

If you've set your heart on advertising, that is.

ITT, Cain steals the only good idea I had to contribute.

Triple Zero

only putting it on half of them sounds like a grand idea!
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Darth Cupcake

I was telling someone last night about PosterGASM.

I start to tell him about the angry hornet flier (cause it's one of my favorites) and before I can even start to explain it, he cuts me off to go, "is it about an angry hornet? I've seen that!"

:mittens:

YUO ALL ROCK MY WORLD
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Epimetheus

Well guys,
This April Fools is going to be my debut into POSTERGASM.
I am accumulating posters now, and will this Tuesday unleash them on my unsuspecting suburban hometown. If all goes well, they will be everywhere. Hopefully I can get a few pals to join me.
I plan to take pictures too.
:thumb: Keep fighting the good fight.
Or, really, playing the good game.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Cramulus

Last night Chloe and I went out a-postering.

This activity really recharges my batteries. If I'm ever feeling Low Quality, this is one of those things I try to remember to do. It makes me feel like all this talk we do about surviving on the lunatic fringe isn't just abstract masturbation - I'm actually out there doing it.

whatever it is.

But anyway, so we put this one Volume Dingus poster... The BABY FOR SALE one, which turns into an apartment ad.

This guy, about my age, was walking home from his car, and turned the corner as Chloe and I were snickering and putting the final staple into it.

After we passed him, he stopped and read it, and FREAKED OUT. He was laughing his guts out, saying "that's awesome... that's soo awesome." just repeating it over and over again.

In the distance we could still hear him cackling.

It really made my day.

Epimetheus

Yes, we Diskordyans are men of ACTION!
Even the women are men of action.

Cain

Even YO MOMMA is a man of action.

Epimetheus

Just rub it in, why don'tcha.  :aww: