News:

One day, I shall make the news feed. Then they'll see. Then they'll all see! Mwahahahaha!!!!

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Utopia

:mittens:

Inspired works of genius!  Even more-so because it has great potential to generate an "I could do that!" response in the audience.

Cramulus

ohmygod those are ADORABLE!

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Captain Utopia on July 26, 2010, 02:18:53 PM

Inspired works of genius!  Even more-so because it has great potential to generate an "I could do that!" response in the audience.

I'm happy you said that because it's exactly the feeling i've invoked in others by simply giving them a handful.  At work a couple of folks have anthrpomorphized copiers and other office related equipment. 

My eventual goal is to get the whole town in on it.

Lofty? Perhaps.

Noble? Definitely.

Jasper

TELL ME WHERE YOU BOUGHT THEM

NNNAAAAAOOOOOO

Bu🤠ns

Michaels craft store (or any other useful craft store)

Side note: You can also get adhesive felt and cut out customized mustaches if you wish to add a little facial hair to your creations.

Jasper

Triple Zero

WHOA I WANT GOOGLEY EYES

in fact a few people mentioned earlier (months back) things they did with those eyes (I think it was Squid) and I wanted to do just that.

So yeah the "I could do that" angle is very powerful in this one.

In fact I rambled about how I wanted self-adhesive googley eyes so much that my gf actually went to a crafts store and wanted to buy some for me, only to find out they were truly ridiculously expensive, like 5 euros for a dozen or so. [unsure if it was a dozen pairs or a dozen eyes]

What'd you pay for yours?

Oh hay and Net, your remark about "faux-bold Arial" gave me an insight on how to do the horribly holed crunchy lettering, maybe. If you convert the (regular cursive Arial) letters to a selection outline, and then instead of Grow it for faux-bold, you use the Selection Border operation for 1-3 pixels width or so. All with anti-aliasing off, of course. At medium-to-low font sizes this should give you the desired faux-bold crunchy effect.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bu🤠ns

http://www.amazon.com/Westrim-Self-Adhesive-Wiggle-Eyes-125PK/dp/B0018NBMKU

although I got mine at a craft store for about 3 dollars (2.2980 euros)

Cramulus

LordOfganza

Yeah, there are a lot of nice posters and the wiggly eyes are great. i might just order that pack from amazon....
As for the posters, I'll have to ask my mother (who is a medical illustrator) for her Illustrator, Photoshop and Corel Draw..
It's time to translate these portuguese and mindfuck this brazilian people!  :lulz:
"You know that in Africa they have animals they call monkeys..."
"So?'
"Nothing"
The Seventh Seal - Ingmar Bergman
<Yes, same signature after 4 years. What can I say, I'm traditional>

Cramulus

yes!! Praise the Lordo!

LordOfganza

Question:

Why can't I find this forum through the Principia Discordia Forum main page? It says here that I shoulg go to Operation  Mindfuck and then to GASM Command. But there is no Operation Mind fuck link and when I try to reverse the path by clicking from here on OP Mindfuck it says that it doesn't exist or I am not allowed to go there.....
"So?'
"Nothing"

Hoser McRhizzy

Possible answer:

I think it's 50 posts (more?) before you can access the full OM boards.  Like you say, I remember being able to read and post in GASM command from the recent posts list, but OM was invisible.

Welcome, btw.  I hope you post your translations when you get them finished.
It feels unreal because it's trickling up.

LordOfganza

I sure will! Don't worry!
It should take a whille though... I don't know when I'll be able to get the software from my mother ( I live with daddy you know....) and THEN I'll have to remember how to use the programs properly again and THEN I'll have to discover where do you guys want them posted and how should I do it.
But hey, I WILL do that!  If don't I'll strech my neck and ask the dok to end my shame and mysery in from of all of you.  :whack:
"So?'
"Nothing"

Bu🤠ns

We even  got the waitress (i.e. drink refiller person) to put some on her nametag. missed out on the pic though. :(

the napkin dispenser seems to be the only one smiling.