News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

Dirty Hackers can burn in Hell!!

Started by Voice of Truth, May 13, 2005, 12:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voice of Truth

Quote from: Anonymous
Quote from: T'ai Kungwe're not far off here. I support controlled logging, though I think old-growth should be left alone, and I don't think we should be building more roads into the national forests.

...and I think global warming definitely exists, but to say it's our fault and not just part of the natural cycle of climatological shifts is a stunning display of hubris.

That was pretty funny you mentioned the old-growth forests.  I almost said the same thing, but keep in mind these are some of the areas that need attention the most IF we really want to think about stopping forest fires.  But yeah, they're fucking awesome and I hate the idea of taking them out.  It poses a dilemma; that's for sure.  I'd probably side on tax breaks for companies willing to clean out the under brush without logging the old trees or something.

As for ANWAR, a couple things; one, it definitely will be profitable or the oil companies wouldn't do it anyway.  I honestly don't give those numbers about how much is there much creedence because the original numbers for almost every oil reserve that is ever found are usually way off.  If the predictions about the amount of oil where there already is drilling were correct before we built the pipeline we'd have been dry a long time ago.  As it is, we're still pumping oil out of there so go figure.

And on the global warming I just look at it like this.  Meteorologists and scientists can't even get the weather in three or four days correct.  They say things like "The overall temperature of the globe is warming at a rate higher than ever before since data on temperatures has been recorded.  Wow, what's that, about 100+ years.  Considering this planet is something like 600 million years old that doesn't really impress me very much.  Furthermore about 10,000 years ago there was an ice age and most of the U.S. was frozen.  Did "global warming" cause the glaciers to melt?  I think not.  Is it POSSIBLE that human energy consumptoin and related emissions are causing a slight rise in temperature.  Hell, maybe.  Do I believe that science in ANY way can prove global warming.  Not a chance in hell.  They don't know shit from strawberries when it comes to the science of this planet.  We only figured out it was round about 500 years ago.  That's about the way I see it.

This all being said, it's good to see another common sense environmentalist.  Welcome to the club, even if you do appear to be a communist?  Is that what's up with the hammer anc sicle?

Yours truly.
Such pain I feel for not being a Discordian...

Bob the Mediocre

You didn't notice that NSRA stands for New Soviet Republican Army then?

All your country are belong to us
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

East Coast Hustle

nah, not so much a communist as I have a Soviet fetish.

I own a small business. I'm definitely a greedy capitalist. I won't identify myself as a Libertarian because they're basically all kooks, but I do share their Socially Liberal/Fiscally Conservative dichotomy.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Voice of Truth

Quote from: Altoid AddictYou didn't notice that NSRA stands for New Soviet Republican Army then?

All your country are belong to us

I don't usually read the auto-sigs, but even had I, I doubt I would've figured that one out.

And Libertarians get it right every once in a while, but yes, they want a little bit too little gov't.  If they were in charge it'd be anarchy around these parts.
Such pain I feel for not being a Discordian...

Anonymous

Quote from: Voice of TruthVoT wishes to clarify.  I know no one here did it.  Or at least I'm just assuming.  You guys are alright in my book, even if we'll never agree on geo-political theories, will we?  Anyway, that note to computer geeks was just me talking to them wherever they are; not anyone here.  (Unless someone out there that did it is reading this, in which case you need to burn in hell and whatever the bastinado is too!) :evil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastinado

saint aini

Quote from: Anonymous on June 02, 2005, 12:28:17 AM
Quote from: Voice of TruthVoT wishes to clarify.  I know no one here did it.  Or at least I'm just assuming.  You guys are alright in my book, even if we'll never agree on geo-political theories, will we?  Anyway, that note to computer geeks was just me talking to them wherever they are; not anyone here.  (Unless someone out there that did it is reading this, in which case you need to burn in hell and whatever the bastinado is too!) :evil:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bastinado
bump...

bastinados are fun.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Bharlion

I want to let who ever posted that know that I had to pay three hundred dollars an hour to have that done to me and NOW someone tells me it was punishment? Where is my time machine when I need it. Next thing you will tell me that there is a kinky sex punishment somewhere.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

saint aini

Just pay my way and expenses and tip well and you'll have me beating your feet for days.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Bharlion

I also require you to wear a mickey rooney mask on the back of your head and wear nitrile gloves. Also, you cannot speak while you do it.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.