News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Another TGRR prophecy comes true.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 22, 2008, 02:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Felix on January 24, 2008, 10:22:07 PM
I'd go there all the time if I made more money than I "need" for gadgets and books.  The place is hard to go to if you're into food like me.  I can easily spend fifty bucks on a meal for two if I don't keep track.

Seriously. But if you're also careful, you can actually get out of there without spending a whole lot. Because there's a Whole Foods less than a five minute walk from my house, as opposed to taking irritating public transit to the Shaw's in Asshat Landia, I made a list and compared prices on things. For the most part, Whole Foods is comparable to a regular grocery store if you try to get local stuff and Whole Foods brand stuff. Everything else I get at Trader Joe's--if Trader Joe were real, I'd want him to be my boyfriend.

But yeah, books and nifty gadgets almost always win.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Freeky

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 29, 2010, 07:30:43 PM
Okay.

Did we make it?

Whoa, it gave me chills to read this thread, looking back at the last nearly three years.

Did we make it? I almost feel like it's too soon to be optimistic. But beads are selling steadily again for the first time since the crash, and my real-estate spidey-sense urge to buy now has kicked in.

However, my other spidey-sense says that the recovery is temporary, and is a lull which will give us a chance to get our affairs in order before the big one. It's telling me to buy a small house on a big parcel, and sell my big house at market peak to pay off the small one so that when the crash comes, no one can legally take it away.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

maphdet

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on October 29, 2010, 08:12:32 PM
However, my other spidey-sense says that the recovery is temporary, and is a lull which will give us a chance to get our affairs in order before the big one. It's telling me to buy a small house on a big parcel, and sell my big house at market peak to pay off the small one so that when the crash comes, no one can legally take it away.

I agree with this spidey-sense.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

Dysnomia

:banana: What an awesome time to be trying to get my business off the ground!  :banana:

wait...

:sadbanana:
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: BLARFINGARF on October 30, 2010, 05:42:37 AM
:banana: What an awesome time to be trying to get my business off the ground!  :banana:

wait...

:sadbanana:

Right now might not be so bad; if you can catch the upswing, you might be able to rock it for a few years while making contingency plans for the crash.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dysnomia

It is actually starting to go well for me.  But I'm so used to everything going so right then BAM not anymore.  I'm worried it'll drop off and I'll be stalled out....again.

:|
It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Bruno

A friend of mine who owns a headshop (that I helped him get started back in the day) is all networked with other headshop owners now, and wants to become a distributor.

I have a degree in (basically) manufacturing, and some pretty cool ideas for pipes, so he wants me to start a pipe factory in my apartment.

Looks like I'm getting back into the business.
Formerly something else...

Remington

Is it plugged in?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Remington on October 30, 2010, 08:01:43 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 29, 2010, 07:40:45 PM
Quote from: Remington on October 29, 2010, 07:36:02 PM
Okay.

Did we make it?
That depends on Tuesday. Probably not.

What happens on Tuesday?
Erm. Elections?

Unless I'm terribly misinformed.

The elections are highly unlikely to alter the course of the recession, or the end thereof if that's actually what's happening.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Nigel on October 29, 2010, 08:12:32 PM
Okay.

Did we make it?

Whoa, it gave me chills to read this thread, looking back at the last nearly three years.

Did we make it? I almost feel like it's too soon to be optimistic. But beads are selling steadily again for the first time since the crash, and my real-estate spidey-sense urge to buy now has kicked in.

ATTN, NIGEL:  OBTAIN A NEW SPIDEY SENSE.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube