News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

Another TGRR prophecy comes true.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, January 22, 2008, 02:55:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on September 18, 2019, 11:14:01 PM
I have heard that shit before, falling out of someone's face, in real life.

Come to think of it, that was the same day they fired me for having piercings :lulz:

I convinced my father to stop waiting and sell his old house based on hearing educated people say that with a straight face.
Molon Lube

chaotic neutral observer

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 10:28:54 PM
Stocks will rebound.

I mean, if they don't then no financial planning matters.

Bonds are poison, stay the hell away from them until after the smoke clears from the crater.

Odds are that Canada will do better than the USA, for the same reason as last time (Canadian banks are very conservative when it comes to financial fuckery), but Canada will - as last time - take a pretty good hit all the same.  Think in terms of the difference between "disaster" and "apocalypse."

Okay.  I'll clean out my bond ETF, reduce my exposure to USD, and get rid of that one stock in a sector that everybody pretends is a good idea, but I suspect no one actually understands.  I'll let everything else ride through.  Coca-Cola ain't going bankrupt any time soon.
Desine fata deum flecti sperare precando.

Frontside Back

"I want to be the Borg but I want to do it alone."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: chaotic neutral observer on September 19, 2019, 12:03:16 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 10:28:54 PM
Stocks will rebound.

I mean, if they don't then no financial planning matters.

Bonds are poison, stay the hell away from them until after the smoke clears from the crater.

Odds are that Canada will do better than the USA, for the same reason as last time (Canadian banks are very conservative when it comes to financial fuckery), but Canada will - as last time - take a pretty good hit all the same.  Think in terms of the difference between "disaster" and "apocalypse."

Okay.  I'll clean out my bond ETF, reduce my exposure to USD, and get rid of that one stock in a sector that everybody pretends is a good idea, but I suspect no one actually understands.  I'll let everything else ride through.  Coca-Cola ain't going bankrupt any time soon.

Neither is Raytheon.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2019, 10:43:25 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 10:37:07 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2019, 10:30:13 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 10:26:20 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 18, 2019, 09:58:55 PM
To fill the Honda with, of course

:lulz:

If there's ever a time for FC memes, it's now.

There will never be a time when at least 5 FC memes don't apply.

Like a motorcycle stuck in the mud.

It's a new paradigm, and everybody who doesn't buy, now, will be priced out forever. Anybody who does buy will be rewarded with a lifetime of riches, as their motorcycle will continue its 30% yearly price increase.

Renters, and anybody born in a future generation, will not be able to afford a $15,000,000 starter motorcycle in 15 years. They will live in tent cities, and Hondas.

This asset bubble is different than all of the others - it will never slow down, or pop. The gains are permanent.

Are you trying to tell me that

this

is

The correct motorcycle?

Cain

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Juana

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 07:50:51 PM
I am bumping this thread, and RE-prophecizing that the next, bigger crash will happen before the new year.  Probably in November.

The problems will be:

1.  Same banking fuckery as 2008, only BIGGER,
2.  Brexit fucking 6% of the world's trade in less than one minute, and
3.  Idiot protectionist nationalists try to keep above water by slapping more and more trade restrictions down.
Welp, guess I better get on that job hunt/english credential test a little more seriously. I'll be teaching core subjects so that makes me less likely to get axed buuut even we're not immune. fuck.

And i guess i'll be making my first venture into stocks, if you're serious.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Juana on September 19, 2019, 06:50:47 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 18, 2019, 07:50:51 PM
I am bumping this thread, and RE-prophecizing that the next, bigger crash will happen before the new year.  Probably in November.

The problems will be:

1.  Same banking fuckery as 2008, only BIGGER,
2.  Brexit fucking 6% of the world's trade in less than one minute, and
3.  Idiot protectionist nationalists try to keep above water by slapping more and more trade restrictions down.
Welp, guess I better get on that job hunt/english credential test a little more seriously. I'll be teaching core subjects so that makes me less likely to get axed buuut even we're not immune. fuck.

And i guess i'll be making my first venture into stocks, if you're serious.

CCA and Wackenhutt will be big winners, if you don't care about evil.
Molon Lube

Cain

BTW, Wackenhut are now owned by G4S, aka "the group competing with Serco to be the mose useless security company in the world".

Bruno

I imagine blackwater, or whatever they call themselves these days, will also be fine.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on September 19, 2019, 07:44:54 PM
BTW, Wackenhut are now owned by G4S, aka "the group competing with Serco to be the mose useless security company in the world".

Oh, yeah, those fucking guys.  They kind of have a standing want ad for background investigators, but their "interview software" doesn't work, so they have never hired anyone and their HR people have apparently never noticed.

It's kind of a running joke in Arizona.
Molon Lube

altered

Holy damn, that's legendary incompetence. Every single person involved has to be both fucking up on a colossal scale AND unaware of how bad everyone else is fucking up.
"I am that worst of all type of criminal...I cannot bring myself to do what you tell me, because you told me."

There's over 100 of us in this meat-suit. You'd think it runs like a ship, but it's more like a hundred and ten angry ghosts having an old-school QuakeWorld tournament, three people desperately trying to make sure the gamers don't go hungry or soil themselves, and the Facilities manager weeping in the corner as the garbage piles high.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: nullified on September 19, 2019, 10:49:35 PM
Holy damn, that's legendary incompetence. Every single person involved has to be both fucking up on a colossal scale AND unaware of how bad everyone else is fucking up.

Or they're just sucking up a fat government contract.
Molon Lube

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 19, 2019, 10:06:57 PM
Quote from: Cain on September 19, 2019, 07:44:54 PM

Oh, yeah, those fucking guys.  They kind of have a standing want ad for background investigators, but their "interview software" doesn't work, so they have never hired anyone and their HR people have apparently never noticed.

It's kind of a running joke in Arizona.

I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but honestly that sounds about right.