News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Smoking Cessation foods, herbs?

Started by Diseris, January 22, 2008, 04:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diseris

After 20 years of being the tobacco companies' bitch, I have decided to quit the evil habit...

I'm not exactly trusting of the pharma's either, so I am looking for more natural solutions to counteract the ill effects of suddenly dropping a 20 year habit. 

Posting here helps keep my hands busy, replaces the 15 minute time-outs that smoking provides and has been a first step.

I am taking red clover for its cleansing properties as well as keeping a high garlic diet for the same purpose.

Using Valerian Root and St. John's Wort for the moody effects.

Any ideas beyond this?  The folks at the local GNC weren't much help and on-line is filled with pharma bs...
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

LMNO

Your body is cleansed of the physical addiction in about a week, maybe 2.

The mental addiction is forever.  Well, pretty close to forever.

If there is an herbal remedy for psychological withdrawl, it hasn't made itself well-known.

Jasper

Diseris

Quote from: Felix on January 22, 2008, 05:45:45 PM
Polonium-20

Could you send me a sample?

2000 Pennsylvania Ave
Wash DC...
You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

Jasper

Sir Squid Diddimus

suck it up ya squat to pee sissy!

no, i'm kidding.
i can't quit.
i'm too lazy to try.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on January 22, 2008, 05:07:11 PM

If there is an herbal remedy for psychological withdrawl, it hasn't made itself well-known.

Some evidence indicated Iboga aka Ibogane was useful in some tests at breaking psychological addiction. Then someone died...
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Dysfunctional Cunt

Stay drunk and passed out for a year.  You'll forget you smoked!

LMNO

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 24, 2008, 02:11:16 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 22, 2008, 05:07:11 PM

Some evidence indicated Iboga aka Ibogane was useful in some tests at breaking psychological addiction. Then someone died...

Well, they certainly weren't addicted anymore...

hunter s.durden

This space for rent.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysfunctional Cunt

I can tell you that wearing multiple patches and chewing the gum will lead to people thinking you are insane or on a coke binge.

:lulz:

It WAS NOT me who did this, it was a co-worker!  He went completely nuts!

Triple Zero

in one of my more successfull stopping attempts (lasted 6 months), i spent the first couple of days of physical withdrawal in a drunken stupor.

it worked.

it worked so brilliantly!

it worked so amazingly brilliantly because i sat at the bar, being very pissed (both pissed of alcohol and pissed off of not smoking) and there was this really annoying girl who always comes on to *every* single boy in the bar and she was talking to me, and i started dissing her, with a slurred tongue, and i didn't stop, and i completely and utterly destroyed her with my words. and i forgot nearly everything about it cause a friend of mine (who was tending the bar) told me later i did such a good job and that he was having so much fun watching a completely wasted 000 completely pwning that girl.

doesnt have much to do with quitting smoking, but they were good times.

otoh, other friends were worried that i was switching one addiction for the other. but i neatly reverted to my original drinking pattern after 3 days had passed (and on the fourth day, 000 was too hungover to smoke).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: triple zero on January 24, 2008, 08:38:42 PM
in one of my more successfull stopping attempts (lasted 6 months), i spent the first couple of days of physical withdrawal in a drunken stupor.

it worked.

it worked so brilliantly!

it worked so amazingly brilliantly because i sat at the bar, being very pissed (both pissed of alcohol and pissed off of not smoking) and there was this really annoying girl who always comes on to *every* single boy in the bar and she was talking to me, and i started dissing her, with a slurred tongue, and i didn't stop, and i completely and utterly destroyed her with my words. and i forgot nearly everything about it cause a friend of mine (who was tending the bar) told me later i did such a good job and that he was having so much fun watching a completely wasted 000 completely pwning that girl.

doesnt have much to do with quitting smoking, but they were good times.

otoh, other friends were worried that i was switching one addiction for the other. but i neatly reverted to my original drinking pattern after 3 days had passed (and on the fourth day, 000 was too hungover to smoke).

Didn't I suggest the drunken method above???  See it DOES work! :lulz:

Diseris

I wish I had time to be drunk.

Not to mention my drinking bone is directly connected to my smoking bone.

The pills and anti-sucker resolve cocktail: I'm calmer than I remember being last time I quit.

Tomorrow is poker, a real test, I just need to channel the hate.