News:

He was a pretty good teacher, but he's also batshit insane and smells like ferret pee.

Main Menu

WTF. Broccoli & cheese soup

Started by trippinprincezz13, January 27, 2008, 08:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

Does anyone here have a good recipe for broccoli & cheese soup?  I've been dying to make it, but never tried before and was looking for a good recipe as a basis.  Half the ones I've looked up involve processed cheese which sounds absolutely disgusting, or don't have milk/cream involved, which I thought broccoli & cheese did have.  Urgh. I'm gonna keep routing around and if all else fails mash a bunch of recipes together into something that sounds right, but was wondering if anyone had any good suggestions?
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Sir Squid Diddimus

need:

2 pkgs frozen chopped broccoli (you can use fresh but pain in ass)
1 lb shredded cheddar cheese
5 T butter
5 Tbs flour
3 cups chicken stock
3 cups half and half
salt and pepper to taste
pinch of cayenne
1/8 tsp. nutmeg

method:

in a 3 qt pot melt butter, when foam subsides, stir in flour.
cook over low heat stirring constantly until smooth
add heated chicken stock then slowly add half and half (whisk works good)
add cheese a handful at a time melting it as you go
add nutmeg, cayenne, broccoli and then salt n pepper to taste

you can add things like bacon and/or onions if you like.

trippinprincezz13

Awesome. Thanks!!

Off to the store...

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Darth Cupcake

That sounds pretty good. I think I will experiment with adding onion and possibly some other stuff. Excellent! I love soup...
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Sir Squid Diddimus

it's good.
my old man makes it all the time.
better w/ freshly grated nutmeg rather than the stuff in a jar/can.
goes well w/ a nice baguette

Suu

My mom makes a killer soup, it's the same recipe they use at the Bay Area Renaissance Festival (Half the family worked there for a while). I'll have to bother her for it.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

I've had luck using a mix for the basic soup, and then adding extra cheese, a little garlic MOAr veggies, etc.
It's very good served with a chicken dish, and is awesome to pour over leftovers.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Suu Fett on January 28, 2008, 06:51:23 PM
Bread bowl or GTFO.

Holy shit. I should see if I can find bread to turn into bowls when I go to the store. Think I actually saw them there yesterday. Mmmm. Trying out the recipe tonight

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Suu Fett on January 28, 2008, 06:24:12 PM
My mom makes a killer soup, it's the same recipe they use at the Bay Area Renaissance Festival (Half the family worked there for a while). I'll have to bother her for it.

your mom makes soup for BARF?

:lol:
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 28, 2008, 10:50:00 PM

HA! I didn't catch that until you said it.

Suu

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on January 28, 2008, 10:50:00 PM

We used to call it that all the time. Lol.

Darth Cupcake

I am sick. I think I might make this tonight.

I will report back whether or not it solves any problems.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

An ill D-Cup makes BARF soup, ITT.