News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Undeveloped Tesla inventions?

Started by Jasper, January 28, 2008, 04:49:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

That's what I'm intersted in most, myself.  I'm thinking about researching the subject from a physicist's standpoint and trying to see if it's feasible without help from Tesla himself.

Triple Zero

exactly.

so now you're dropping your plan on creating Strong AI (or was it Space Colonisation) in favour of researching the Perpetuum Mobile?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

Jasper

Now that I'm home I can elucidate.

What I'm working toward is the transformation of Earth into sort of a server for living information as a platform for intergalactic and possibly interuniversal operations.  It will require a lot of electricity, so anything Tesla did to harvest cosmic levels of electricity will be interesting.

Bharlion

If I could post the classified documents from the CIA I nicked a few years back you would crap your pants.

Kidding!

But that never happened. I didn't say that. And I never had such documents since I don't exist and I didn't post this and you didn't see this. You are all hallucinating again. Dreaming. Sorry. Go back to sleep. Just a dream.

But seriously folks, Nikola tesla was not just ahead of his time he was ahead of his whole civilization. The kind of inventions he was working on were the sort of stuff that we can't even fathom the capabilities of. I mean weapons of planetary destruction? The current state humanity is in, we would destroy our selves with his work before realizing why he dreamed it. I mean he looked at the world the way only madmen and prophets do, a piece of clay ready to be molded. The things he dreamed of were snuffed because of the current mindset of our culture is so focused on profit they don't realize that the survival of the human race is far more important than bottom lines or profit margins. More important than even individual lives. What would you sacrifice to save the entire human race from eventual extinction.

But that didn't also happen. I didn't post that. You didn't see that. Someone hacked my account. LOL
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Jasper

It's not the human race, B.  It's the entire scope of natural life at stake, when you talk about that level of energy manipulation.

He had some kind of machine that would 'plunge' a current into the earth and catch it when it came back, many times magnified by some unknown process.  He could generate full-fledged lightning bolts with it.  It's in his biography.  The place was parted out to pay off his debts, and the technology forever lost, since he kept all his schematics in his head.

His last statement to us was that we wouldn't recognize the value of his inventions until after we lost him.

Bharlion

I weep when I realize all that the warriors burning and greedy merchants ways have destroyed. To think of the world we could have had and the world we live in makes me drown my waking mind constantly in intoxication to block out the wretched pain of it all. Could you imagine a bette world, with clean air, cities not powered by greed...

Gecko was wrong. Greed is evil.

I digress. I keep so much of my work in my head that sometimes it overflows into the waking world and thus I feel a kinship to him. Because as a out of work journalist told his ideas were to mad for the paper or for people my wish would be to be understood one day in the future. I mean I dream of a better world were he instead of the capitalist edison with his "Hello" and electric light prevail but again it is just a dream. No body realizes the value of anyone person until their prescence is snuffed out. He led. I follow his example. Never sell out. Never take the fat check. Tell the man to shove it. Anyways that is that.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Jasper

Anti-establishment is a fine sentiment.  Money is only a factor to me as far as I use it out of convenience.

But one day, somehow, I'll get rid of the whole damn system and it's paper.  I hate money.  It ruins everything.  The only things that matter are people and letting them be.  We can have that. 

I'm fine with my skin color, it's just the people I have to share it with that I can't stand most of.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Faust

Lets just say if this prototype I'm working on based on his designs functions as it should, it's really going to shake things up.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hirley0

http://lpg.ticalc.org/prj_tilem/
http://www.ticalc.org/basics/calculators/ti-83.html
^part 3^
Tina
Ask  :fnord:
http://www.discovercircuits.com/list.htm
^ read up ^ PART2
9 EB COPY/paste schematic part 1
resistor -'\/\/\/\/`-
capicator ---||---
COIL? --OOOO--
op amp =|_>
speaker (<
Mike >{
switch  _/._
battery --||+-
tube ....U...
box [box]
wire ------- or _______ or ~~~~~~~~~ twisted pair

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Jasper on January 31, 2008, 01:23:36 AMWhat I'm working toward is the transformation of Earth into sort of a server for living information
You are too late

Regarding the Tesla 'death ray'... There's a reason neither the United States nor the Nazis wanted it: the principle behind it was spinning superheated mercury around in a large sphere until it gained enough momentum to be released. How it was to be spun was never declared.

Keep in mind that late in life Tesla was (apparently) quite mad. He believed that living in a house with electricity running through the walls and drinking a shot of whiskey every day would make him immortal (it didn't, and it doesn't work for any other whiskey drinkers who have lightbulbs in their houses either so far as I can tell). The physics buzzword nonsense may in fact be Tesla-genuine, because that's the sort of thing he wrote late in life. (Unless it mentions QM, of course. Tesla famously ranted against the concept of the electron.)

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.