News:

PD.com: You wont believe our bullshit

Main Menu

art drop

Started by Bu🤠ns, January 29, 2008, 10:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

this is kinda my own little gasm...i've been meaning to get out a comic strip for shits and giggles...

this is only a test run but if i'm not overly lazy i might just refine this one a bit.

i think photobucket might be sizing it down a bit.   

Triple Zero

i like the drawing style! also good work with the dark set-in in the 5th panel, those are the kind of details that make a cartoon come to life.

do you have the high resolution scan lying around somewhere still? cause i think the downscaling and your shading are having a littlebit of a fight, i would like to see and try if i can make that a bit more clear using some subtle image processing.

another bit of constructive criticism: the lettering looks like crap ;-) font's too small (except in the last panel, i think it could work there), plus i think you need something a litlebit more "sketchy" for your drawing style (google for "comic sans replacements" or something, there's zillions of free cartoon fonts out there, if you insist on not doing your lettering by hand), same for the text balloon, it looks way to clean compared to the drawing.
and, the pointy bit of the balloon should always be pointing at the mouth, not the eye (panel 3) or the hand (panel 4)

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Dysfunctional Cunt

Bu🤠ns

thanks, all. 

000, i'd be happy to show you the original scan but i drew it up in MS Paint. but you know, test run.  i see what you're saying.  i think the main problem was that i just jumped right down into drawing without taking any consideration about composition except the basic look of the panels. i realized that when not all the panels were the same size, and i had to squeeze in the text balloons.   once my garage is cleaned up i'll be using real ink so then i'll be forced to do it correctly.  i won't have the option to cheat by copying and pasting panels etc.. thanks for your input.  :)

Triple Zero

wow you made all that shading in MSPaint? respect!
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Bu🤠ns

well i DO have a wacom tablet. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

ETA: you should be flattered. The Wrath Of MS Paint Cabal hasn't given one of those babies out since the wompertainment thread was active.  :p

Bu🤠ns

Bu🤠ns

Triple Zero

your style kinda reminds me of Robert Crumb

and also of whoever drew the Freak Brothers.

Bu🤠ns

i love crumb.  i grew up on crumb.  i'll readily admit that my best work is probably in some way a rip-off of crumb.