News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Colbertgasm

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on February 20, 2008, 11:00:58 PM
More now. Linked to from the Blog - http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/?p=15

I can't state how important it is that we have as many participants as we can.

Participating doesn't just mean sending in letters. You guys here at PD are the core OMGASM crew, and we need your help getting the word out, too. Please tell your friends, your forums, and anyone who will listen.

If you're on the fence about participating, just take the plunge and play along. It feels really cool to be a part of something like this.

Do it!

I'm posting to Irreality today. I figure with all the pre-prep'd material people should be able to get alot of it and their own material out by friday-saturday. Also, still working on clip-art.

So, are we going with the addresses on the BIP wiki, and just relying on sheer mass of mail to get most of the weird stuff thro?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: Telarus on February 20, 2008, 11:21:34 PM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on February 20, 2008, 11:00:58 PM
More now. Linked to from the Blog - http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/?p=15

I can't state how important it is that we have as many participants as we can.

Participating doesn't just mean sending in letters. You guys here at PD are the core OMGASM crew, and we need your help getting the word out, too. Please tell your friends, your forums, and anyone who will listen.

If you're on the fence about participating, just take the plunge and play along. It feels really cool to be a part of something like this.

Do it!

I'm posting to Irreality today. I figure with all the pre-prep'd material people should be able to get alot of it and their own material out by friday-saturday. Also, still working on clip-art.

So, are we going with the addresses on the BIP wiki, and just relying on sheer mass of mail to get most of the weird stuff thro?

yeah, we're hoping that those addresses are accurate. And we're hoping that a large volume will suffice.

I found some "CONFIDENTAL" envelopes which I think will help too. =)

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Added a couple more letters to the GASM including one with an explaination to cover our unorthodox method of contact:
http://www.theinvisiblecollege.com/colbertgasm/Letter1.pdf
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Telarus

Ok, so I've finalized the print-style poster and added it to the resource post.

I've also typed up a delicious post that I threw up onto Irreality that should generate some buzz with the Discordians over there. Yah, it's a bit late, I've been slammed by school.

Mailing stuff 2morrow and Sat!
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Iron Sulfide

even though today is the 27th and any mail posted after today- especially from the west coast or overseas- will probably not make it to the jon stewart or colbert shows in time for the march 5th target, i intend to keep sending mail.

representing my own cabal, K.L.U.T.Z., i'm going to try and build off all the previous mail i've sent.

now, this is pretty fruitless for the march 5th target, but there's also the potential, feign as i am to think of it, that colbert won't or won't be able to respond on the 5th. it's my thought that a continued mass mailing sustained by as many people as possible will really drive it home.

digest and feedback? thoughts on a secondary approach?
Ya' stupid Yank.

Cramulus

Yes, keep sending mail!

very likely they'll get it by the fifth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I still have about 5 letters to each of them that I have yet to mail, I better get on it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Iron Sulfide

Word.

If he doesn't respond on the 5th, i'm going to mail him a rant about how he missed his greatest opportunity, one word at a time.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

My grandma died Friday night so my contribution wasn't as useful as I'd hoped. Still we got off a number of letters here and I will continue to send letters with more invitations until he responds. Remember, this first batch may not even make it past his mail screeners.

Iron Sulfide

Ya' stupid Yank.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Thanks Prater, it wasn't unexpected, last week she decided she'd had enough of laying tween life and death and asked them to stop treating her. She was old and had outlived her friends and most of her generation of the family. I even got to say goodbye, so as far as it has to happen to everyone, at least she had the best options.

Personally, I wish she would have died two years earlier when her health and independence hadn't yet been destroyed :-/

Iron Sulfide

Weird- exactly how my nana died.

they misdiagnosed a ruptured appendix as a stroke, discovered it a week later. so she stopped fighting, and finally kicked it just after the last of the relatives had made it in.

they don't even build german women like that anymore.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Telarus

Condolences as well, Ratatosk.

I heard Stephen utter "23 skidoo" on air tonight. It was early in the program, and following (or just before) a Wiliam F Buckly, Jr. reference, and it was the only 23, so I'm pretty sure it was just a reference to 60's culture.

Next week should really get interesting.
Telarus, KSC,

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm sorry to hear that, Rat. :(
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cramulus

Quote from: Telarus on February 29, 2008, 08:33:23 AM
Condolences as well, Ratatosk.

I heard Stephen utter "23 skidoo" on air tonight. It was early in the program, and following (or just before) a Wiliam F Buckly, Jr. reference, and it was the only 23, so I'm pretty sure it was just a reference to 60's culture.

Next week should really get interesting.

no way! can anyone find a video somewhere? An explicit reference to the number 23 on the air was DEFINITELY something we asked for!