News:

Testimonial: "Yeah, wasn't expecting it. Near shat myself."

Main Menu

Colbertgasm

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

If I got 30 of these with my face on them I'd probably start carrying a gun.

Tell-a-walrus, I'm not so sure random for random's sake is the best fit for Colbert materials.

Illuminati stuff ought to be funny or so serious you're not entirely sure it's been faked. The more nonsensical, loose, whatever-comes-out-stuff seems better suited for propaganda targeted at Stewart.

I think any poster designed for general public viewing has to have the information needed to get involved and very clearly communicate it's message. But I don't think the time and money involved in making, printing, and putting up a ton of posters promoting Colbertgasm will be worth it in terms of cost-benefit at this point. Interweb promotion is quick, targeted, and cheap, so I say we stick to that.

One last thing about the poster. Why waste all of those symbols in your poster in one go? Why not spread all of them out across 10-20 different letters? One or two per letter. It would help make them all unique and personalized. I'm looking at the letter-writing like this: it's an opportunity to have all the fun of fraud, without the whole legal repercussions thing. And no matter how you look at it, we've just got to produce a huge volume of mail from the 17th-23rd.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Iron Sulfide

ideas...

official illuminati postcards?

a little known fact, also, about the USPS is that they will mail damn near anything unpackaged, allowing proper postage is attached, within reason.

you wanna send in a painting/poster/cardboard, etc...a shoe was suggested in one of my favourite K.L.U.T.Z. books growing up.

mailing premade letters with an envelope and postage to people to mail out from other places...good idea, though anyone who wants to do this is going to have to pony up for a lil' mo' dough (postage plus postage, plus postage for your owns letters that you will be mailing...certainly don't forget to do that last part.)

If anyone has exceptional handwriting, particularly in flow-y, flowery calligraphy, i think a really nice handwritten letter on the stationary (any -Illumin- stationary) would have a nice effect included in this mass of mail.

i also heard Stewart say on his show last night the strike might be over MUCH sooner than we thought.

as a plan B, i would like to suggest that the ColbertGASM/StewartGASM enter a McCain style-100 year campaign, possibly even taking it to the Colbertnation Homepage. not exactly Raid Style, mind you.

i know there are already people from here, over there. just thoughts. i'm printing a ton of letters tomorrow. mailing them out to some helpers. i'm not sure how much 'a ton' is, to be honest. we'll see.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Cain

If the Colboards were to help, that would be awesome.

Cramulus

I thought about that. What do you guys think? I'm worried that they would take all the credit if this thing works. But then again - does that really matter?

Cain

On the one hand, they can't take credit, as Discordanism is built into the entire aim.  Also, it makes us work with them and vice-versa, creating linkage between our two similar groups (there are a LOT of Discordians on the Colboards, given their size and relative Discordian distribution).

On the other hand, well, it depends if we want to use this to get the attention of people like the Colboards, or forge the alliance while undertaking the project, and hope some sort of mutual cooperation arises out of it.

Iron Sulfide

of course i have absolutely no way of confirming this, but Colbert gives me the impression that he's on the Colboards at least sometimes...whenever he advertises the board on his show, he mentions "i'll be watching you."

if we could somehow introduce a large "illuminati" or "discordian" presence that is recognised on the boards, we might be able to get his attention that way, assuming he's not here, now, reading our plans already (as hoopla suggested a time ago)...

there's a thread on the forum somewhere about exploits on the Colboards, already; still, i think we should figure out close to exactly what existing accounts people have over there, so we can start planning a cyber presentation. maybe a new section on the wiki? iono...i'm wearing my "vote Cthulhu" shirt, so i'm feeling rather demoncratic.

my first self-criticism: how exactly would the Illuminati make it's presence known on the interwebs? Classically, they're very clandestine and secretive... i draw a blank at the moment.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Triple Zero

backchannels? PMs? ARGs?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

Quote from: Prater Festwo on February 14, 2008, 08:47:07 PM
of course i have absolutely no way of confirming this, but Colbert gives me the impression that he's on the Colboards at least sometimes...whenever he advertises the board on his show, he mentions "i'll be watching you."

if we could somehow introduce a large "illuminati" or "discordian" presence that is recognised on the boards, we might be able to get his attention that way, assuming he's not here, now, reading our plans already (as hoopla suggested a time ago)...

I think that's a gimmick. The people at Colboards seem to think that if he DOES have an account, he hasn't made it known to anyone.

There are, by the way, quite a few Discordians on that board.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on February 14, 2008, 09:13:44 PM
Quote from: Prater Festwo on February 14, 2008, 08:47:07 PM

I think that's a gimmick. The people at Colboards seem to think that if he DOES have an account, he hasn't made it known to anyone.

There are, by the way, quite a few Discordians on that board.

Can we use some Discordian terms to perhaps get them over here for a brief conversation? I mean if we have "old useless memes"  :evil: like 23 pineal and fnord, why not use them as breadcrumbs? Surely we should be able to craft something that would be obvious to Discordians and not obvious to everyone else?

If we had insiders on the board... they may have some useful ideas on getting the boards to assist. :fnord:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Cain

I like the idea of getting some insiders.

BTW, if you do a board search for the term Discordian, you'll find more than a few posters who have publically referred to themselves as that.  I suggest contacting those first, and seeing how it goes from there, who they recommend etc

TheLastLump

Quote from: Prater Festwo on February 14, 2008, 08:47:07 PMmy first self-criticism: how exactly would the Illuminati make it's presence known on the interwebs? Classically, they're very clandestine and secretive... i draw a blank at the moment.

But they're also known for being very paranoid. So, like, if we left an odd, unexplainable post with nothing really special about it other than it's utter nonsense (I've got a good quote from a well-known conspiracy, but I'm not sure if it's relevant to the Illuminatti) then, when someone posts a reply asking what it's about, someone else pops up and says something like "We know what we're doing. We're watching you, [name of replier]. The Golden Dawn approaches."

*I had something that actually had something to do with them being paranoid, but I had a better idea afterwards. Still, ph34r!
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Telarus

Just a quick note:
-Issues about mailing addresses. Good point to bring up, didn't want it to get lost up thread. Anything new? Also, yah, the writers got back this Wednesday. Do we still want to aim for the 17th thro the 23rd?

-Net. Internalizing your reactions should have something new out in a little while. Would individual clip-art be helpful to people building their own letters?

-Speaking of clip-art, I found this:

Seem's fairly old-school, and has a lot of the good rubber-stamp identifying marks of the POEE. There's also a lot of really good art about Emperor Norton in this girl's account, and she's obviously a bit savvy. We could use a lot of this stuff for the Stewart letters.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

Link to the account?  I might be able to dredge up some contact details and see if she wants to get involved...

Telarus

This is where the pic was hosted: http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v131/ralia/

It was posted to LJ, here: http://community.livejournal.com/eristicmystics/93671.html
by [ljUser]singswithtrees, who I don't know so I can't confirm if it's the same person.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

tyrannosaurus vex

spinoff campaign: find mailing addresses of random people throughout the world and send busloads of PFLD or AISB invitations to them, and see how they react.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.