News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Colbertgasm

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Sulfide

yes, i witnessed that in the original broadcast, and the edited link.

without confirmation, though, i'm a bit reticent to claim it. (though, if i recall correctly, it was on St. Tib's Day)

on the other hand: usurpation is  a grand tradition.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Cramulus

well seriously, we asked him to say 23 skidoo and he said 23 skidoo. His writers have read illuminatus, so they're aware of its meaning to Discordians - I don't know how much more explicit you can get than that.

We're not going to get any more "confirmation" - we're a conspiracy, after all - mystery, innuendo, and vagueness are our bread and butter.  :p

Iron Sulfide

true dat. but 23 skidoo is from book of lies.

and i said reticent, not opposed.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Penumbral

where to from here?

Telarus

I also want to point out that the Jack Ruby's gun moment of Zen was aired on March 4th, and is re-aired about 4 times on the following day, for a total of 5 Moments of Zen. I need to watch the Colbert Report from the 4th again.

:evil:
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Iron Sulfide

under the march fifth links of the colbertnation website:

http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Secrets/E-Meter/ <-- scientology link

comedyt central clips:

http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?episodeId=162598 has the 23 skidoo ref.

i dunno if it's liftable.
Ya' stupid Yank.

tyrannosaurus vex

where to go from here is obvious. we must instruct mr. colbert to do something that not only confirms his allegiance to the AISB, but accomplishes or helps to accomplish an actual goal. we should have him cover some specific grain of newsworthy material that he might not otherwise mention. something that fits with the theme of his show but also brings to light some misdeed of a prominent discordian or discordian sympathizer, coupled with a covert warning from the AISB to the offender.

something like "Newt Gingrich has a crush on Banksy, and when I say crush, I mean he has a pile of depleted uranium rounds with his name on them."
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Iron Sulfide

i was thinking we could have him cover someone related to anon v. CoS
Ya' stupid Yank.

tyrannosaurus vex

also, if he and/or his staffers come here as the theory goes, then what's to stop them from finding this thread and knowing where this scam originates?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Cramulus

Quote from: Prater Festwo on March 07, 2008, 05:28:47 AM
i was thinking we could have him cover someone related to anon v. CoS

It's a cool cause - for sure - but it's not our cause.
I'd hate to think the Ancient Illuminated Discordian Society was getting coopted as Anon's personal army...

Quote from: vexati0n on March 07, 2008, 05:43:49 AM
also, if he and/or his staffers come here as the theory goes, then what's to stop them from finding this thread and knowing where this scam originates?

I assumed they would find us. Doesn't matter though. Hopefully if they hang out here, they're hip to the "cause" anyway.

this "Cause" thing though. That's nebulous as fuck.

One self-serving idea would be to encourage him to report on the Discordian Society - we're 50 years old, after all. An anniversary like this is a hell of an excuse for news.

We could suggest that he dismiss it, villify it, condemn it. That sounds like a good "cause" - no?

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Telarus

Hmmm. You people didn't notice Stephen flashing a TON OF  MAIL ON CAMERA during his bit about HOTDOGS, HOTDOGS, HOTDOGS last night, did you?      Now I need to find that footage.

To quote my gf, MaraMorai, "That was so fucking win."
Telarus, KSC,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Telarus

So the bit was about jaking president Bush so that Colbert could have a private HotDog lunch ("to break 'dog") with the President.

Should we consider this instructions from the 3rd Outer Head *snerk*?
Telarus, KSC,

Triple Zero

it's hot dogs, obvious.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.