News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

Colbertgasm

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Penumbral

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on March 07, 2008, 03:20:45 PM
Quote from: Prater Festwo on March 07, 2008, 05:28:47 AM
i was thinking we could have him cover someone related to anon v. CoS

It's a cool cause - for sure - but it's not our cause.
I'd hate to think the Ancient Illuminated Discordian Society was getting coopted as Anon's personal army...

i was thinking the other-way around; LDD is responsible for anon's movement.

but meh.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Telarus

BUMP BUMP BUMP

We shoudl really do something to cap off this GASM and update the Wiki. Does anyone wasnt to help me crawl back through the Colbert and Daily show archives to get footage?
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Quote from: Telarus on April 04, 2008, 08:04:18 AM
BUMP BUMP BUMP

We shoudl really do something to cap off this GASM and update the Wiki. Does anyone wasnt to help me crawl back through the Colbert and Daily show archives to get footage?

you're absolutely right. Can someone write up a VICTORY! paragraph?

And who has the video footage? I know we've got the movie files SOMEWHERE...

Cramulus

http://starlight.webhop.org/discord/colbert23skidoo.WMV

QuoteCram   starlight.webhop.org?
11:15   Cram   what's that?
11:15   P3nT4gR4m   redirect to my pc
11:15   P3nT4gR4m   which goes off at night so it's not reliable server

can someone with some free time pleaze download this file and then host it somewhere?

You will win an internets.

Cain

I already have that file, I just dont have reliable hosting.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

I have hosting... but its fast losing any sembelence of stable... I think the Invisible College will be leaving IPower soon. Anyone have advice on a good hosting provider?
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

East Coast Hustle

did anybody catch thursday night's show?

he promoted stickerGASM and his guest was a guy who had written a book about the emergence of the internet as a tool for "organizations without organization".
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Cramulus

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 05, 2008, 11:12:26 PM

he promoted stickerGASM and his guest was a guy who had written a book about the emergence of the internet as a tool for "organizations without organization".

didn't catch the show.

can you clarify what you mean by "stickerGASM"?

Edited to add:

Got it, nm. So he's encouraging a sort of stickergasm, but not literally stickergasm. Got my hopes up.  :p

Telarus

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 05, 2008, 11:12:26 PM

If that was the episode with the 2nd Tek Jansen adventures, yah, that was gold. there was also a GASM in the cartoon, as the 'secret base' that Tek had to go to had a big sign that said "OctoGasm".

EDIT:
Cram- Steven told the Colbert Nation to print stickers that said "Peabody Award Winning", and put them on all the Dorito bags in their local supermarket. His guest (who's book was about emergent trends in disorganizations) said that if the Colbert Nation ran with the concept and did something novel (i.e above and beyond what Steven had asked them to do) with the Stickers it would be such a trend.

http://www.davidoverholt.com/blog/2008/04/clays-intention-despite-colberts-efforts.php/

Namaste
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Chairman Risus

I wasn't paying too much attention, but Colbert may have made another reference to the forums.

Episode 4044
He's interviewing Trevor Paglen the author of I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to be Destroyed by Me: Emblems from the Pentagon's Black World
towards the end of the interview, I'm pretty sure Colbert mentions the Illuminati and possibly something golden. 

I'll watch the rerun and check this again.

Edit: Checked. No dice. Just says that the masons are a front for the Illuminati.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Telarus on April 06, 2008, 12:05:14 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on April 05, 2008, 11:12:26 PMdid anybody catch thursday night's show?

If that was the episode with the 2nd Tek Jansen adventures, yah, that was gold. there was also a GASM in the cartoon, as the 'secret base' that Tek had to go to had a big sign that said "OctoGasm".

EDIT:
Cram- Steven told the Colbert Nation to print stickers that said "Peabody Award Winning", and put them on all the Dorito bags in their local supermarket. His guest (who's book was about emergent trends in disorganizations) said that if the Colbert Nation ran with the concept and did something novel (i.e above and beyond what Steven had asked them to do) with the Stickers it would be such a trend.

http://www.davidoverholt.com/blog/2008/04/clays-intention-despite-colberts-efforts.php/

Namaste

this sounds to me more like, if it's in any way related to us, colbert stealing the show and our ideas and ... what does anything have to do with doritos? he could have at least picked "Golden Delicious" apples or something :)

adding to that, having gone through the trouble of printing stickers that say "PEA BODY AWARD WINNING", i don't think it's a stretch to stick it onto something where it's actually funny.

hell, even if some knucklehead accidentally sticks it onto the wrong thing, it'll be funny.

(unfortunately, 99.99% of the population lacking any sort of basic creativity beyond that, they won't realize that they can pretty much print anything they like onto stickers and stick them onto whatever :) )

unless of course, we take the idea and run with it, stealing his show :) see, if we give them (on the colbert fora) the idea to take pics, put them on Flickr and tag them "peabodygasm" or just "colbertgasm", it might go viral in no time.
but, don't do that just yet, because if there's no way to affix the idea of "discordia" or something to it, it's mostly useless to us.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cramulus

GOOOD call zip.

There are two ways that this project can be "branded" with the Discordia meme-
1) the -gasm suffix totally links back to us... if anybody bothers to look it up
2) we co-opt the cause for our own cause. In the initial blast of flickrgasming, we make sure that the stickers we place and tag are subversive, countercultural, etc. Put the "peabody award winning" stickers on things of extremely low quality: common brands like McDonalds, Walmart, and yes, Doritos.

ETA:
this may be a lot of work, and would be much easier if we had some established presence on the colboards. Cain and I keep meaning to go over there and make friends, but I've been too easily distracted. I think Cain has managed to wave hello successfully.

Cain

Yeah, I'm there, but I havent been recently.