News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Colbertgasm

Started by Cramulus, January 29, 2008, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Sure?  I was speaking to Lizzie, who was watching it on TV when it happened.  Colbert Report, last night.  It was just a quick cut away to someone eating an Apple, so you may have blinked and missed it, or something.

Cainad (dec.)

I suppose it's possible. Nothing happened during his actual conversation with the priest, though; of that I'm fairly sure.

Telarus

http://www.comedycentral.com/colbertreport/videos.jhtml?videoId=166723

7-10 seconds in:
"This past weekend was huge for Roman Catholics of all faiths...*CRUNCH* What was that?"
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cain

I notice a mention of illumination soon followed, as well.

Hmmm *strokes chin*

EDIT:

AND Colbert talks about making everyone else infalliable and the Pope falliable.

Cainad (dec.)

Oh damn, that was right after the commercial break and I was rushing back in from the kitchen.

And I only turned on the television to watch that very moment! :argh!:

Cain

And Colbert complains he isn't included in Lives of the Saints

HOW MANY HINTS CAN HE DROP?

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/blog/cain/colbert-blatantly-a-closet-discordian/

Edit: I have spread this link far and wide (POEE, EB&G, Facebook and Myspace), so we may get a few more signups in the next couple of days.

Triple Zero

swote. but that was not a golden delicious apple, however.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

No, I realized that on looking.  It is however slightly gold coloured.

Verbal Mike

Looks pretty unmistakable to me.
This success needs to be leveraged somehow, for something.
I think it's time to settle down in our...thinking chair!
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Letter-writing campaign congratulating him as our Brother in Discord?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

And complimenting him on choosing cannibalism, I presume?

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 21, 2008, 03:46:30 PM
Idea:

We should put some publicity up about "Discordian Rallies" of some sort. That way our letters can be centered around the horrible unlawful, sinful, bizarre, believable things which happen at Discordian gatherings. "Dear Abby: last weekend my son went to this Discordian rally thing, an he came back with a tattoo the word "Spag" tattooed on his neck!" Everyone can adlib what happened.

The real interesting thing is going to be that if tons of newspapers cover this thing within a short amount of time, news may emerge on the phenomenon itself. This sort of meta-news will cause reporters to write rather frankly about Discord, raising awareness, etc etc.

To Do:

• Collect addresses of the ten most popular advice columns.

• Write up a page on the wiki about AbbyGASM. Explain what it is, how it works, and how to get involved. Make sure the "buzz week" date is posted loud and clear.

• Push links to this project ALL OVER THE WEB. Hit 23ae, facebook, myspace, lj, poee, eb&G, irreality, ANYWHERE where Discordians hang out.

• During buzz week, and for a week or two afterwards, we'll hide the wiki page, so that advice columnists doing background research on this thing won't see the project and spoil the prank.

• Collect any buzz that comes up, and post it to the wiki

Volunteers?

We could tie this into Colbert.  Get him to mention it?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

hunter s.durden

Quote from: Cain on April 23, 2008, 07:58:51 AM
AND Colbert talks about making everyone else infalliable and the Pope falliable.

I noticed this as well.
This space for rent.

Gundam Agriculture

Quote from: Cain on April 23, 2008, 08:13:28 AM
Edit: I have spread this link far and wide (POEE, EB&G, Facebook and Myspace), so we may get a few more signups in the next couple of days.

Gundam Agriculture reporting for duty, Sir!  Found you from FB.  /salute
"The Agriculture Ministry is not in charge of Gundam."
- ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura

Cain

Greetings GA!

As you've likely noticed, we've been....fairly busy, shall we say, when it comes to pranking Colbert.  8)