News:

PD.com: Like a fraternity of drunken clowns, hopped up on goofballs, beating one-another to a bloody pulp with bricks; the maniacal laughter increases exponentially as someone runs off to get a cinder-block.

Main Menu

Controlled Autism

Started by Jasper, January 31, 2008, 02:55:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

:: makes reference to the spice melange and the juice of sapho.  Also: Larry Niven's future version of CIA having Paranoid Schizophrenia induced while they're on duty::
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

::makes a reference to "To Kill A Mockingbird"::
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jasper

You're all making references to kill this thread.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

::makes a reference to making references::

META-REFERENCE BITCHES!!!
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Jasper

If meta-references become an in-joke that we occaisionally reference in times of apropriate irony,

that would be so meta.

Triple Zero

hey, you remember that post where i referenced you talking about how cool it was to referene meta-references in times of appropriate irony?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jasper

No, but I remember that post where you referenced me talking about how cool it was to reference meta-references in times of appropriate irony.

saint aini

RAWR!!!!!!

As much as I would like otherwise normally healthy people to suffer the effects of neurological conditions such as autism or Ayers Sensory Integration Dysfunction, to be without emotions is unacceptable to me.  They might as well call the drug "Prozium".
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Jasper

Rawr.  :roll:

I consider emotion to be an evolved trait that functions to tell us what matters most.  My proof:  You just don't have emotional reactions to things that don't matter to you.  It's visceral.  We are our prerogatives.  You can have emotions that tell you anything, but they will always indicate importance of some tone or another.

My verdict on the controlled autism drug:  More science.  I want us to know more of the causes and effects before I can draw any meaningful conclusions about the usefulness of such a substance.  No matter how fun it sounds to spend days tweaking on overpowering synapse functions.

Bharlion

I hear you roar!

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN FDA APPROVED.

I think with a little help of good companies like Sandoz and Novartis that have such high ethical standards we could perfect the drug to a perfectly good uses so they could not be abused for entertainment.

Drugs that are used for entertainment are pure evil. I cannot fathom why someone would want to make thier body feel good or have sensations and hallucinations that they cannot normally attain. Why would someone want to alter their waking world to be like a dream?

Some people have written hogwash about how it is natural for humans to seek altered conciousness states and have done so since recorded history but this is hogwash. I cannot even think of a single drug that existed before the twentieth century. Drugs are a new thing that were invented by homosexual satanist atheist communist anarchists to enslave our youths. This is a modern problem and humans have only recently discovered drugs which is why the war on drugs can be won and will be won by us with the help of Jesus and the FDA. God bless living clean.

Long live Sandoz!
Long live Novartis!

Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Bharlion

*Phew*
I hope the FDA is watching my posts again. That will get them off my tail

Viva le narcotique revolution!

East Coast Hustle

fuck autism.

I want a pill that temporarily induces tourette's syndrome.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

saint aini

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on February 03, 2008, 08:41:43 PM
fuck autism.

I want a pill that temporarily induces tourette's syndrome.
This is the correct fucking cycle, you fucking dickhead.
[Grabs his hand]
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Bharlion

There is a drug called "Alcohol" that causes similar side effects...

saint aini

Quote from: Bharlion on February 04, 2008, 03:08:28 AM
There is a drug called "Alcohol" that causes similar side effects...

I want fuckers screaming at the top of their lungs when rain sounds like machine gun fire.  I want fuckers hitting people who so much as brush up against them not because they're angry, but because it fucking hurts.  ARGGH...
[Grabs his hand]