News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

The 16 best quotes about Discordians (taken from MysticWicks)

Started by Cain, February 04, 2008, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Hard work, getting all these, but it gives me a warm glow.  My comments in italics.

1. "I'm just sick of it. Every time I come to MW there's a new issue with you and a select group of Discordians. So you worship chaos, big fuging deal. Give it a rest already."

Try replacing Discordians with Wiccans and Chaos with Triple Goddess and let the accusations of persecution flood in. Also, hilariously, this was in reply to a post by TGGR parodying the views of select forum members, to a degree.

2. "Yeah, I have seen alot of it popping up on the boards. I also noticed that every time I see one [a Discordian], it seems to be laden with arguments and negativity. Something as simple as an introduction, turns into mayhem!! I'll pass on those threads and posts thank you, they take the enjoyment out of conversation. I have never seen as many arguments on the boards as I have since those posts have started. "

3. "We didn't set out to hurt Discordianism. We set out to rid our community of trolls. We hope our community will be a better place as a result."

90% of those "trolls" 'just happened' to be Discordians.

4. "Someone hacked into my ebay account. Loverly. Very mature. Guard your butt Ssanf, you've just painted a big old target on it."

Incidentally, none of us were behind the hacking.

5. "I think a couple of bad apples came in here, calling themselves Discordians (and I don't have any way to judge whether they really were or not) and they started baiting people and trying to cause more chaos than is strictly natural, and when the shit hit the fan they rallied some of the other Discordians around them because they were "being persecuted."

6. "Congratulations. This isn't the forum for Chaos. This is a sanctuary, not a factory."

Because Discordians...like factories? I don't get it.

7. "The most fatuous, manipulative, and venomous people to be found here are all of the discordian genre."

8. "A successful and a good discordian, is one who gets others angry, upset, and is skilled at mocking and belittling them.The better they are at it, the more they are respected by thier peers."

Partially true, but hardly the whole story (also, fixed for spelling and grammatical errors)

9. "A True Discordian does not spend all their time making sarcastic posts on internet forums. In fact, a majority of "Discordians" you see online are not really true Discordians, but nothing more than attention seekers."

Apparently reading the Principia once makes you an expert on what other people really believe too, at least going by the above poster.

10. "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that. "Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

Too hilarious to comment on.

11. "Just out of curiosity are any of you discordians raising or will raise your children in your beleif system?...I know silly question, of course you would, but with my experiences with Discordians and Chaos Mages lately I would be concerned for the child."

12. "mmm, it's like a troll breeding facility isn't it. Maybe there's an undergound complex like Area 51 where the genetically engineer them?"

Said in reference to EB&G forums

13. "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

14. "I'm starting to think discordian is just another word for annoying. It certainly doesn't seem to have any hallmarks of a consistent or coherent belief system."

15. "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

16. "Followers of Eris...I will not allow you to spread 'discord' in my forum just like I won't let Christians proselytize."

Because its practically the same thing, right?

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on February 04, 2008, 06:12:28 PM16. "Followers of Eris...I will not allow you to spread 'discord' in my forum just like I won't let Christians proselytize."

This one was in response to me, I feel so honored!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote11. "Just out of curiosity are any of you discordians raising or will raise your children in your beleif system?...I know silly question, of course you would, but with my experiences with Discordians and Chaos Mages lately I would be concerned for the child."

Hmm, let's see, of all the kids in my daughter's preschool class, she was the only one whose parents DIDN'T have to attend a parent/teachers conference because they figured we'd just be bored hearing how smart and well-adjusted she is.  Quick, someone call DHHS!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

I haven't caused problems on Mystic Wicks in a while......*cracks knuckles and goes in for a peek*
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Faust

I have not been back to mysticwics in a long time.
lets see how much things have changed...
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mangrove

15. "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

I like this. It's as if the poster bumped into the BIP concept and then backed away very quickly, hoping none of it rubbed off like wet paint.

What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Triple Zero

Although a great many immature individuals have played at Discordianism and thereby side stepped any chance of spiritual growth whatsoever -- Grey Cat *wryly*

Although a great many immature individuals have played at Christianity and sidestepped any chance of spiritual growth whatsoever

Although a great many immature individuals have played at Scientology and sidestepped any chance of spiritual growth whatsoever

Although a great many immature individuals have played at Pastafarianism and sidestepped any chance of spiritual growth whatsoever

Although a great many immature individuals have played at Discordianism and got into one little fight and their mum got scared
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Faust

Quote from: Nigel on February 04, 2008, 08:16:53 PM
I just signed up.

I'm waiting on activation.
they have my ip on file, lets hope they don't check it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hooplala

Quote from: Cain on February 04, 2008, 06:12:28 PM
10. "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that. "Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

This post is by someone who is pissed off that we can do everything they can do, without wearing a pointed hat.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Hoopla on February 04, 2008, 10:35:16 PM

This post is by someone who is pissed off that we can do everything they can do, without wearing a pointed hat.

Apparently some Discordians raped her made fun of her at college and she is now suffering PTSD butthurt.

saint aini

fear of the foreign and unknown is a good motivator to draw out the "call the opposition psychotic" card.

I see it all the time when I try to book fire and glass shows... the venue owners always insist on making fire shows more dangerous by putting them outside and flat out refuse glass shows because they think I'm dumping a pile of glass on their floor (not wholly true as I put down a dropcloth first).
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

hooplala

Quote from: saint aini on February 04, 2008, 10:54:47 PM
fear of the foreign and unknown is a good motivator to draw out the "call the opposition psychotic" card.

I see it all the time when I try to book fire and glass shows...

You also see it when you reveal you are racist.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Apex, The Harmony Of

they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that.

Sounds like jealousy at a group of people who can learn and adapt fast
by cutting out the bullshit factor.

Random Probability

I find it hard to even lurk at MW.  I just saw a thread titled "signs that a spell worked" and nearly pissed myself I was laughing so hard.  True story.

These people actually take themselves seriously?