News:

Remember, its all a sociological experiment.  "You are doing exactly as I planned. My god you are all so predictable."  Repeat until you believe it.

Main Menu

The 16 best quotes about Discordians (taken from MysticWicks)

Started by Cain, February 04, 2008, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

I suspect strongly that 70% of the members are subtle trolls.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Quote from: Random Probability on February 05, 2008, 05:08:22 PM
I find it hard to even lurk at MW.  I just saw a thread titled "signs that a spell worked" and nearly pissed myself I was laughing so hard.  True story.

These people actually take themselves seriously?

Yeah, I hear ya.  I had an account there awhile back but I just couldn't take it.  They make the Steve Jackson fan bois look down-right rational. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Random Probability

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 05, 2008, 06:19:07 PM
Quote from: Random Probability on February 05, 2008, 05:08:22 PM
I find it hard to even lurk at MW.  I just saw a thread titled "signs that a spell worked" and nearly pissed myself I was laughing so hard.  True story.

These people actually take themselves seriously?

Yeah, I hear ya.  I had an account there awhile back but I just couldn't take it.  They make the Steve Jackson fan bois look down-right rational. 
Ugh.  I used to deal with those chucklefucks back in the days of #GurpsNET-L.  Liz McCoy, Sean Punch  and David Pulver were okay.  So was Onno Meyer.  But the rest tended to get pretty fucking annoying pretty quickly.

Mangrove

Quote from: Hoopla on February 04, 2008, 10:35:16 PM
Quote from: Cain on February 04, 2008, 06:12:28 PM
10. "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that. "Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Spoiled brats of the pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Discordians. They just strike me as spiritually lazy."

This post is by someone who is pissed off that we can do everything they can do, without wearing a pointed hat.

Makes a great MW sig  :lol:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Mangrove

they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that.

Yeah, because Wiccans have never done that.

LMNO

Hey, fuck you man!  Fenrir and Bast totally go together!

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on February 05, 2008, 07:52:35 PM
Hey, fuck you man!  Fenrir and Bast totally go together!

:lulz:

Gerald Gardner: Ok, so we've got some OTO, some Golden Dawn, some Crowley poetry and copious chunks from the Lesser Key Of Solomon. Throw in some nudism and we're all set!

Lies

Its stuff like that that makes me glad I'm not one of *those* people.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Politician168023

8. "A successful and a good discordian, is one who gets others angry, upset, and is skilled at mocking and belittling them.The better they are at it, the more they are respected by thier peers."

People dont need to belittle to get a point accross, in fact sometimes this has the opposite effect.

If someone were to mock a Discordian and it was genuinely funny, I'm sure they would happily laugh at themself.

If discordians are pushing their beliefs on to others, they are sure crappy discordians. Forced jokes are never funny.

I don't have any respect for my fellow discordian's *because they are discordian*, but ill generate respect for anyone who deserves it imo.
This message is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. I disclaim all warranties, either express or implied, including the warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event shall I be liable for any damages of any kind.

Disclaimer appropriated from Microsoft Corporation.

Cain

Believe me, these people needed mocking.  I swear to Eris, if you can't even mock people who believe they had sex with a god, got turned into a Rabbi and believe in dragons, you can't mock anyone.

AFK

Puff the Magic Dragon
Lived by the Sea
And frolicked in Autumn's Mist
In a place called Gallilee...
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Dysfunctional Cunt

10. "I've always, always regarded the Eclectic Neo-Pagan/Wiccan MW Mol worshiper as being people who chose to be Eclectic Neo-Pagan/Wiccan MW Mol worshiper because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that. "Oooh, I'm a Eclectic Neo-Pagan/Wiccan MW Mol worshiper! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a ball of fluff but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with whatever deity from whatever pantheon I pick today, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit or ever bother to think for myself because I love being a sheep!"

Spoiled brats of the fluffy pagan world, I thought. I really don't have a lot of respect for Eclectic Neo-Pagan/Wiccan MW Mol worshiper. They just strike me as brain dead."

FIXXXED

Jasper

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2008, 02:57:37 PM
Believe me, these people needed mocking.  I swear to Eris, if you can't even mock people who believe they had sex with a god, got turned into a Rabbi and believe in dragons, you can't mock anyone.

QFMFT

Politician168023,

A discordian pushing his views on another person isn't a crappy discordian so much as a crappy person.

Cramulus

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on February 06, 2008, 02:57:37 PM

still has me  :lulz:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.