News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

The 16 best quotes about Discordians (taken from MysticWicks)

Started by Cain, February 04, 2008, 06:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 20, 2011, 09:56:56 PM
No, that was a turn of phrase. But, actually, it is to me (allergic  :lol:). I was referring mostly to painkillers and anti-depressants.

Because constant pain and/or depression builds character.

I don't support quackery, either, Roger.  :lulz:

Well, you should.  It's the only foothold Darwin has left.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 09:52:49 PM
Pennicillin is poison?  :lol:

No, that was a turn of phrase. But, actually, it is to me (allergic  :lol:). I was referring mostly to painkillers and anti-depressants.

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 09:53:37 PM
Without that 'poison' some of us wouldn't be here.
Didn't we have this conversation, Charley?

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 09:54:43 PM

You could try echinachea root.   :lulz:
I don't support quackery, either, Roger.  :lulz:

Damn Phox, I can't remember 10 minutes ago. Because I have good drugs.......

The Good Reverend Roger

The real beauty of Memnoch's statement is, of course, that he gets to make the decision.  Granted, I put him in that position, but he didn't even reference her opinion on the subject, other than her presumed obedience to his male will.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Adios

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 10:02:49 PM
The real beauty of Memnoch's statement is, of course, that he gets to make the decision.  Granted, I put him in that position, but he didn't even reference her opinion on the subject, other than her presumed obedience to his male will.

Who is your favorite transhuman? we should hook them up.

Cain

Quote from: Cainad on January 20, 2011, 09:57:44 PM
FUCK YUO GUISE

IF I HAD KNOWN ABOUT ECHINACEA I WOULDN'T HAVE HAD TO GET THAT APPENDECTOMY

intestinal bacteria festering in my gut lining is no match for the healing powers of Ferngully

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 10:04:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 10:02:49 PM

Who is your favorite transhuman? we should hook them up.

Illspag?  Oh, yeah.  Memnoch really isn't a supporter of womens' rights, either...But he's more Archie Bunker than Lester Maddox about it.

hooplala

Quote from: Doktor Phox on January 20, 2011, 09:52:09 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 09:48:25 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 09:46:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 09:44:04 PM
Did I ever tell you guys about the time when he said he'd rather die of a preventable illness than use public health care, on principle?

:lulz:

He did what?

Yep.  Then I asked him if he'd let his wife die in a similar situation, and he said he thought she'd understand and respect his decision.

:whack:
:facepalm:

I'm pretty much against many types of medicine on principle, but I DO support public healthcare, because I RESPECT people's right to choose their own poison. For fuck's sake...

Without that 'poison' the island nation of Salazore would be a ghost town.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Phox

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 09:58:37 PM

Not really. My view on painkillers is based on abuse of them, rather than actual use. as for anti-depressants, I'm not a fan of the side-effects that seem to come with many of them.

But again, that's all personal philosophy, rather than "nobody should take pain killers or anti-depressants EVAR!!!"

Well, you should.  It's the only foothold Darwin has left.

I'm not as optimistic as you on that front, Roger.  :lulz:

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 09:59:05 PM
Damn Phox, I can't remember 10 minutes ago. Because I have good drugs.......

And I have no problem with you having said drugs, if you don't.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

HAVE YOU NO PRINCIPLES MAN!?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Adios

Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 20, 2011, 10:08:19 PM

Wait, you're asking Roger that?

BadBeast

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 09:48:25 PM
Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 09:46:11 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 20, 2011, 09:44:04 PM
Did I ever tell you guys about the time when he said he'd rather die of a preventable illness than use public health care, on principle?

He did what?

Yep.  Then I asked him if he'd let his wife die in a similar situation, and he said he thought she'd understand and respect his decision.

:whack:
If I was Memnoch's Wife, I wouldn't even wait for a preventable disease to come along! Pass the Hemlock!
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on January 20, 2011, 10:12:57 PM
Quote from: ☄ · · · N E T · · · ☄ on January 20, 2011, 10:08:19 PM

Wait, you're asking Roger that?

I'm nothing BUT principles.  I just don't have any morals.

Don Coyote

Don Coyote

ON that note, is anything worthy of trolling going on at MW currently? I sorta feel like shitting all over Mem for not being able to make it a year in the service since I am pretty much a  whiny self-entitled product of my culture and I made it 4 years so far with fucked up knees, from basic, plus the shit that was fucked up before I joined.

BadBeast

Quote from: Canis latrans eques on January 21, 2011, 01:43:03 AM
ON that note, is anything worthy of trolling going on at MW currently? I sorta feel like shitting all over Mem for not being able to make it a year in the service since I am pretty much a  whiny self-entitled product of my culture and I made it 4 years so far with fucked up knees, from basic, plus the shit that was fucked up before I joined.
Why did Memnoch leave the Army? Or didn't he say?
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4