News:

Attempting to do something

Main Menu

Actual PD discussion: About that Chao...

Started by LMNO, February 05, 2008, 03:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I always thought it was thread development that makes it all worthwhile... if you skip a bunch of pages, then you're missing most of the story, you know?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

You've been around long enough to have noticed that some stories are worth skipping, no?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

I skim some people's posts.  I admit it. But I tend to not respond to those people either, so it doesn't really matter.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Jasper

I read people's posts to some extent based on merit too.  For instance, Great Teacher Largo, Cat~Maxwell, and coughbharlioncough.

Thelaughingman421

What if the poster has no merit, but post in itself has some?
Use in open areas as fumes may be harmful....

Cain

They almost always get read and responded to, I've found.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jasper

Well, generally someone reads them and says "hey, that was pretty good" so I take off my curmudgeon hat and go back to see if it was.

Cain

Cainad (dec.)

^ I like. But how in all frack did we forget the Penrose triangle?

AFK

But if we use that won't we have to change it to the Law of 7s?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Jasper