News:

Discordianism:  It is some kind of a communist sect.

Main Menu

Actual PD discussion: About that Chao...

Started by LMNO, February 05, 2008, 03:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like and dislike the Chao. I like it because it is overtly symbolic in a way that makes people try to figure out what it means. I dislike it because it is overtly symbolic in a way that makes people try to figure out what it means.

I like the Five-Fingered Hand of Eris, because:

1. It has a cool-sounding name
2. It's neat-looking
3. It's neither a hand, nor does it have five fingers
4. ???
5. PROFIT!

I'd like to see more symbols presented; I especially like the idea of adopting the circle-slash as a Discordian symbol. Probably the Bobites are already using it though. Maybe that's a bonus?

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

hooplala

I think we should start using Alfred E. Newman's face.  Dressed as Charles Manson.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

AFK

How bout a Crash Symbol. 

RWHN,
not really trying.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Dysfunctional Cunt

Quote from: Hoopla on February 08, 2008, 08:21:16 PM
I think we should start using Alfred E. Newman's face.  Dressed as Charles Manson.

Pics please before agreement! :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Telarus

This whole thread is full of win.

Here's some of mine:

Meditation on the 5-fingered Hand of Eris and the "Star Sapphire"(unicursal hexagram) of Crowley:

Spiral Pentagram (inscribed on one of my Apples):

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

hooplala

Quote from: Khara on February 08, 2008, 09:53:11 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on February 08, 2008, 08:21:16 PM

Pics please before agreement! :lulz:

WHAT, ME WITCHY?
            \

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Epimetheus

I'm not sure where this discussion has gone and I'm not reading 5 pages, but I really do like the black swan posted on the first page.
Or are we past that?
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Jasper

Nah, it's still doable.

Weird though.  You're reading a message board without really liking to read?

hooplala

I skip the middle of some posts.  Sometimes I have to go back and read because its too confusing . . . all too often I don't need to catch up at all.  So, I understand.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Jasper

Yeah, but I dunno.  Posting in threads is so reliant on each post building on what's already been said.  If you don't take it all in (within reason.  Some shit you just can't read.) and respond to the thread as a body of work, then you're just sort of giving yourself crappy tunnel for no reason.

Just because you're an excellent masturbator does not qualify you to be in a relationship.