News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Fun with intradermal drug delivery materials

Started by Jasper, February 07, 2008, 10:10:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

http://www.dmso.org/

It's a substance that you can mix other stuff with it, to cause contact ingestion.

Probably have all kinds of fun with it, with the right imagination.

Richter

Catchy way to assasinate or discredit someone, you just have to douse somethign they're likely to touch with a poison / drug mixed with this stuff.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Jasper

OOH, or coated all over a VandeGraaf Generator! :twisted:

Richter

"I was so high I thought I could shoot lightning form my fingers"

:lulz:

Medically, using it for painkillers, blood thinners,or antinflamatories couldbe quite useful.  You could target the drugs to the injury with the accuracy of a topical treatment, and the effectivenes of an injested / intravenous dose.

Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Jasper

I think so.  I really don't understand why it's not more widely applied.  Maybe there's something wrong with it...

Richter

I could be a bit TOO efficient in some cases.

One of my first ideas, since I know a few diabetics, was insulin lip balm.  Makes it easy to keep a small amount in your system at all times, right?  Easy application, and so on....

Then again, you can get too much VERY easily.  Think of smearing too much on, or someone accidentally getting a lot of the stuff on them, the patient would be in for insulin shock in a hurry.

(Since much of poison control 1st aid relies on being able to slow / remove / dilute the poison (water, stomach pump, activated charcoal), the drug going straight to the blood makes it near impossible to stop.)  

Jasper

But with insulin, you can just feed the diabetic to counteract the insulin.

Jasper

And yeah, it'd be pretty scary if criminals (think rapists) widely knew about DMSO.  Bit of smudgy stuff on your handlebars?  Well, whatever.  Pass out ten seconds later, wake up in an ice bath with your kidneys missing.

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Jasper

The FDA suppresses a lot of good things in the interest of corporate medicine.  They're just like every other federal program.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on February 07, 2008, 11:37:21 PM
Or to leave lsd+dmso on a doorknob.

or your high school history teacher's favorite pen.

ECH,
would never have done that, of course
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

That'd be terrible!

::Snicker, guffaw::

Actually I recalled DMSO from a Loompanics book on escaping from jail where they suggest using it on a pen and leaving the pen on the ground.

Bharlion

They have developed it somewhere in the skunk works... but I don't know anything about that and didn't post this.
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.