News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

THE LIVING ONE

Started by Bobby Campbell, February 07, 2008, 07:17:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bobby Campbell

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Hey Bobby. I like the art. I'm not entirely sure what happened, but whatever it was - I found it enjoyable.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I have no clue what just occurred.

barumunk

hahahhaaha im sooooooooo confused!  :?

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Bobby Campbell

Do please pardon all the confusion!  I didn't mean for it to be quite so unclear, thanks for reading through and writing back, hopefully there was some sort of entertainment value!  :fnord:

I perhaps did not make the key visual clue explicit enough, the Indian does not show anger, nor does he have pupils, until after the Cowboy in Black spits in his face, which also corresponds to the end of the Thunderstorm.

Thanks again!

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cramulus

Yeah - my suggestion would be to make the content more explicit.

It was the same with the last comic you posted 'round these parts. The information was too dense for me to follow. When I read a comic book - especially online - I read very quickly. This is not the proper way to read a comic book because you miss a lot of the details, but it is how people read online. It's especially easy to "not get it" if the important details are subtle.

In the last book it was very dense sentences - too dense to be proper narrative or dialogue. I printed it out, so I don't have the internet as background noise to blame here. But I found it very of difficult to follow because it wasn't terribly explicit.

I've tried my hand at writing a comic book before, and failed dismally. This is primarily because I'm a snob and I had very complex ideas I wanted to communicate and very little space to do it. So rather than water down my ideas to make them more accessable, I just tried to cram more words on the page, or hide the meaning in a way that you'd "get it" if you "really thought about it". And the end product was totally unreadable.

tl;dr version: try to ensure people can "get it" in the first reading.

Triple Zero

i just drew pictures every day when i was in highschool.

just stream of consciousness (which, at that moment was mostly nonsense + maiming teachers), with a forced punchline after 4-12 panels.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

also dont put too many busy patterns around something important because it makes it harder to look at and people will miss it