News:

PD.com: Ten minutes of your life that you can never get back.

Main Menu

The Tech Forum

Started by Jasper, February 07, 2008, 11:25:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

So here it all is.  It doesn't seem like a lot of people want to post here yet, so tell me what you think and suggest to make it interesting.  I don't want this forum if nobody's interested, so air your opinions

{Here}

Richter

Being a lover of shiny gadgetry, useful tools, and developing technologies, I like the idea of this.

I'm seeing so far its about hashing over of the ramifications of new developments. 
I'll also use it to fill the space between asking tech experts and asking anonymous given half a chance.  (No pulled punches here, but higher incidence of serious advice, and no one trying to sell anything.)

Your creation, so feel free to drop a mission statement of what you think fits / doesn't fit.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Anything you think uses engineering or science to impact society is to be posted here and compared to relevant phenomena/events.  This is for the purpose of better understanding where technology will lead our BIPs, BE's, and other perceptual grid metaphors.

Faust

things that currently interest me.

Haarp.

the lightweight plastic zepplin france are making as an 80 passenger hotel.

the solar furnace you posted.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Idem

oh, hi

i wasnt aware of this forum until just now

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

I haven't really advertised it much.

Faust

Tech forum crew are the best crew.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Jasper

We have the most gadgets, at any rate.  Same diff.

Hangshai

Pattie Maes and Pranav Mistry from M.I.T. bring you 'Sixth Sense' technology.  Pretty damn cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBohrmyo-I
All text and pictures uploaded by/to/from this person/account is/are purely fictional and for entertainment purposes only. Or not.

nuclearcabbage

Quote from: Hangshai on February 09, 2010, 08:03:46 PM
Pattie Maes and Pranav Mistry from M.I.T. bring you 'Sixth Sense' technology.  Pretty damn cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blBohrmyo-I

thats pretty badass..

the part where he drew a watch on his wrist was neat.

and the book thing would be SO handy!
><><><><><><

Da6s

We need some random place to discuss nerd woes and triumphs.

Example: I just somehow managed to piss my virtual machine off like whoa, to the point where all of my vmtools/drivers were broken. And then i fixed it, and im still not entirely sure how i accomplished either one.
We appear to be doomed by our DNA to repeat the same destructive behaviors our forebears have repeated for millenia. If anything our problem solving skills have actually diminished with the advent of technology & our ubiquitous modern conveniences. & yet despite our predisposition towards fear-driven hostility; towards what we anachronistically term primitive behavior another instinct is just as firmly encoded in our make-up. We are capable as our ancestors were of incredible breathtaking acts of kindness. Every hour of every day a man risks his life at a moments notice to save another. Forget for a moment the belligerent benevolent billionaires who grant the unfortunate a crumb of costfree cake. I speak of pure acts of selflessness. A Mother who rushes into the street to save a child from a speeding vehicle. A person who runs into a burning building to reach a family trapped on the upper story. Such actions,such moments,such unconscious selfless decisions,define what it is to be human

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Jasper

Just watched that.  :)  Nice.