News:

PD.com: More merciless than a statue of Ming.

Main Menu

Welcome.

Started by Reeducation, February 08, 2008, 01:16:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reverend Ju Ju Booze

Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 06:13:30 AM
[...]because in reality no one knows anything about Finland.

That's not true!Everybody loves Matti Pellonpaa...
Capitalism.
When it uses the carrot is called democracy,
When it uses the stick is called fascism.

hooplala

Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 05:55:34 AM
Satumaa? How do you know about this things?  :?
You are talking about the song? "Aavan meren tuolla puolen jossakin on maa, sinne.... something something..tahtoisin matkustaa."
It is a story about longing. And that there has to always be something better than your current life. But you can´t have it! You can just want things, but you will not get em. It is a depressing song, i think.

Two words:  Frank Zappa.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

Just so you know:

1) Many of us here don't give a damn about proper spelling and grammar, especially of non-english words (although many of us do).

2) Most of our keyboards don't have easy ways to make umlauts.

So, for all intensive porpises, Paa = Pää

Cain

Yeah, umlauts are tricky.

I used to have a German pen pal...I'd print off the letters and manually put the umlauts in, because it was easier (this was in the hazy days of 1998, before we had the internet at my place).

Cain

Some people have....I haven't (was too busy to attend).

Most people on here that are near each other are either in Boston, Mass. or else on the south east coast of Scotland.

LMNO

There is strong evidence that if I ever meet anyone from these boards IRL, the universe will implode.

barumunk

Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 01:39:00 PM
Heyyyyyyy! I have a stupid noob question coming from my fingertips.
Do you meet each others out there, you know IRL?

i think some of "them" have... theres a thread going at the moment about ppl from portlandUSA getting together, and the CoS raids prob were a bit like that.

but i think every1 is very very widely spaced geographically

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

Reverend Ju Ju Booze

Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 12:45:10 PM
Quote from: Reverend Ju Ju Booze on February 12, 2008, 12:23:04 PM
Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 06:13:30 AM
[...]because in reality no one knows anything about Finland.

That's not true!Everybody loves Matti Pellonpaa...

Do you know the Kaurismäki-movies?

Kaurismaki movies are quite a cult to me...I love the way they are SO sad but so humourous in the same time...
Also,must find some Waltari record...do they sing in finnish?I've "Kaikki...Complete" by Mana Mana,and I find the finnish version FAR better than the english one
Capitalism.
When it uses the carrot is called democracy,
When it uses the stick is called fascism.

AFK

Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 01:39:00 PM
Heyyyyyyy! I have a stupid noob question coming from my fingertips.
Do you meet each others out there, you know IRL?

I've met one, I soon after lost my job and was involved in a car accident.  It seems to be bad luck or something. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Triple Zero

Suodaatinpussi means "coffee filter", i think.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

I hate to correct a native of Finland but the best metal band from Finland was Sentenced. 

Also, another great band from Finland to check out is KYPCK.  A band with former Sentenced guitarist Sami Lopakka.  The only downside is they sing in Russian so I can't understand a damned thing they say but the music is great. 

Triple Zero

Messer Chups. somebody told me i should check them out.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

AFK

Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 07:56:15 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 12, 2008, 07:52:18 PM
I hate to correct a native of Finland but the best metal band from Finland was Sentenced. 

Also, another great band from Finland to check out is KYPCK.  A band with former Sentenced guitarist Sami Lopakka.  The only downside is they sing in Russian so I can't understand a damned thing they say but the music is great. 

It is too obvious to say Sentenced. Hell, i can now say Amorphis! And i mean the "old" Amorphis of course.

Newer stuff isn't that bad.  Isn't Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth also from Finland too?  They're pretty good as well. 

Triple Zero

Quote from: triple zero on February 12, 2008, 07:57:38 PM
Messer Chups. somebody told me i should check them out.

wow. isohunt > click > torrent > poof 500 kB/s > done.

listening now.

(album "Vamp Babes")

yay surf music :D

AFK

Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 08:04:05 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 12, 2008, 07:58:48 PM
Quote from: Disorder on February 12, 2008, 07:56:15 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 12, 2008, 07:52:18 PM

It is too obvious to say Sentenced. Hell, i can now say Amorphis! And i mean the "old" Amorphis of course.

Newer stuff isn't that bad.  Isn't Children of Bodom and Amon Amarth also from Finland too?  They're pretty good as well. 

Ooh the Bodomites! Yes they are. And the Lake Bodom is about two kilometres from my home.  :D If you know the story of Bodom?
Amon Amarth is from Sweden, but they have one or two finnish guys with em.

Yeah, I read about that story somewhere online.  Pretty creepy stuff.