News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

The Calendar

Started by nostalgicBadger, February 08, 2008, 09:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostalgicBadger

So, I am curious what this group's thoughts are on the Discordian calendar, or I suppose I should say Discordian calendars since I am sure there are multiple versions floating around. Personally, I like the idea of using five seasons and no months, although I might come up with a new system of counting years. Still, the whole thing does seem like it could be considered cliché.
meh.

AFK

It's alright, but try programming that bitch into a wind-up watch. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

hooplala

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 08, 2008, 09:29:59 PM
So, I am curious what this group's thoughts are on the Discordian calendar, or I suppose I should say Discordian calendars since I am sure there are multiple versions floating around. Personally, I like the idea of using five seasons and no months, although I might come up with a new system of counting years. Still, the whole thing does seem like it could be considered cliché.

I use five months, but use the same seasons.  I am also working on animalistic years, like the Chinese calendar.  
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

nostalgicBadger

Do you name the year after the fact? That's what I was thinking of doing, deciding at the end of every year what the year was called, and I think not having a counting system would help to break the illusion of time being linear. The only problem is, counting back years could be a little tricky.

Also, programming the five seasons into a analog watch could be tough, however I did port ddate to a Second Life script for some reason.
meh.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 08, 2008, 11:04:54 PM
Do you name the year after the fact? That's what I was thinking of doing, deciding at the end of every year what the year was called, and I think not having a counting system would help to break the illusion of time being linear. The only problem is, counting back years could be a little tricky.

Also, programming the five seasons into a analog watch could be tough, however I did port ddate to a Second Life script for some reason.

I haven't put that much thought into that aspect yet.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

nostalgicBadger

Perhaps I should change my name so I will stop having to disappoint people all the time.
meh.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

AFK

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 09, 2008, 11:17:35 PM
Perhaps I should change my name so I will stop having to disappoint people all the time.

I suggest Ambassador Klok Kaos. 

Triple Zero

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on February 11, 2008, 01:49:25 PM
Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 09, 2008, 11:17:35 PM
I suggest Ambassador Klok Kaos. 

coffee, monitor  :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

nostalgicBadger

I actually sort of like the ring of Ambassador Klok Kaos, although I don't think I get it.
meh.

Cramulus

sorry badger, you've walked into a whole bunch of in-jokes and references.

AKK was a legendary poster who was pretty much unanimously despised by the PD gang.

Try to sniff around in some other threads - I'm sure the in-jokes will be slightly less bewlidering there.

AFK

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 14, 2008, 09:10:29 PM
I actually sort of like the ring of Ambassador Klok Kaos, although I don't think I get it.

:lulz:

Neither did he. 

nostalgicBadger

Ah, well it seems a little intrusive to try to go back and research your in-jokes so I can take part in them. I would rather just accept that this one I do not understand and that hopefully jokes that arise from here on, I will get.
meh.