News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

There is no reason at all for this to exist.

Started by Jasper, February 10, 2008, 01:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau

Jasper

I have a friend who's interested in starting a company that produces unconventional firearms for unconventional gun enthusiasts.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Jasper

Bharlion

God bless Mossberg! Did you know the mossberg 12 gauge shotgun is the most popular shotgun used by law enforcement agencies?

Mossberg. Putting one big hole or many small ones in people for over fifty years!
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.

Richter

Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on February 10, 2008, 04:30:59 AM
I have a friend who's interested in starting a company that produces unconventional firearms for unconventional gun enthusiasts.

So Dadricks, Gyrojets, unusual calibers, etc.?

Or more along the lines of custom machining and specialized handloads?

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Jasper

Quote from: Richter on February 11, 2008, 01:40:35 AM
Quote from: Dr. Felix Mackay on February 10, 2008, 04:30:59 AM

So Dadricks, Gyrojets, unusual calibers, etc.?

Or more along the lines of custom machining and specialized handloads?

He wants to manufacture weapons that neatly sidestep gun legislation in regard to payloads, automatics, etc.  Like a gatling gun (technically legal) that neatly mods into an electric gatling gun (completely illegal).

Bruno

Technically legal is the best kind of legal.
Formerly something else...

Doktor Loki

Not a Doctor?  Why, of course I'm a Doctor!  Why else would I have this scalpel?      ~Doctor Mad

"He that hath a beard is more than a youth, and he that hath no beard is less than a man."
- William Shakespeare

"If you hear crazy voices in your head which tell you to do something, even something evil, YOU'D BETTER FUCKING DO IT BECAUSE IT MIGHT BE GOD." - Soren Keirkegaard

Voodoo Chile

Anyone know the legality of a chainsword,Farming implament or lethal weapon?
If I was witty, I'm sure you'd be laughing by now.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Richter

Quote from: Voodoo Chile on March 18, 2008, 01:10:17 AM
Been playing the "Sould Calibur" I take it?

Sword laws vary greatly by state.  Massachusettes, for example, will allow carrying a sword IN PUBLIC, so long as it is visible (no hidden scabbards; Highlander coat tricks or Zatoichi cane - like), and so long as you don't draw it.  (In a bag or case, secured shut is preferreabl thou.)
Due to the danger to others (and yourself), and obviously weaponized nature of a chain sword contraption, you're less likely to be seen as carrying a martial arts or ceremonial peice, and more as a maniac. 

You could likely hang (drape?) one on the wall.  Many dubious things can be kept as "decorative", or "collector's items". 

Do you practice anything with such a weapon?
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Voodoo Chile

Quote from: Richter on March 18, 2008, 02:42:33 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Chile on March 18, 2008, 01:10:17 AM
Been playing the "Sould Calibur" I take it?

Sword laws vary greatly by state.  Massachusettes, for example, will allow carrying a sword IN PUBLIC, so long as it is visible (no hidden scabbards; Highlander coat tricks or Zatoichi cane - like), and so long as you don't draw it.  (In a bag or case, secured shut is preferreabl thou.)
Due to the danger to others (and yourself), and obviously weaponized nature of a chain sword contraption, you're less likely to be seen as carrying a martial arts or ceremonial peice, and more as a maniac. 

You could likely hang (drape?) one on the wall.  Many dubious things can be kept as "decorative", or "collector's items". 

Do you practice anything with such a weapon?

More of an academic question,WH40K fan so thoughts of building a decrative one using a petrol driven R/C car engine and a blunted chain.

Again only an idea which popped into my head as something class to do but the cost is of course prohibitive and Irish law on swords is going to be tight, Hence the "agricultural implament excuse" (But officer,What if I have to parry when that tree comes crashing down)
If I was witty, I'm sure you'd be laughing by now.