News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Fundamental Theosophies of Principia Discordia (and Eris)

Started by LMNO, May 12, 2006, 11:59:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

I've been off the radar the last couple of days dealing with new house and research stuff.  Just wanted to say I've read over this thread and like where things are going.  I think this is a good example of how a willing mind can be educated.  Many look into the void and either fall in or run away shrieking.  That we can help some look into it and give it the finger is a beautiful thing.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

maphdet

I just want to add something, This Im sure is known already, and has been said, BUT I feel it is very important....

Nothing is Certain, Anything is Possible.

I want to add alot more here, on Eris and how She is Chaos.
Atleast how I see Her as Chaos.
(will do later tonight, dinner has to be made now, errr doesn't Have to
but, my family would like it)

I also have some feelings at times that Eris is far beyond my
comprehension. Yet I feel and  see Her Eveywhere at times.
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: maphdetI just want to add something, This Im sure is known already, and has been said, BUT I feel it is very important....

Oh, yeah?  Try not paying your taxes.

It's possible that the IRS will see the humor in this, right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bella

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: maphdetI just want to add something, This Im sure is known already, and has been said, BUT I feel it is very important....

I just sent off a check for my quarterly business taxes and it made me really cranky.
Trust me, they have no sense of humor.  :evil:
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

deet

They probably have more jokes involving broomsticks than you or I could come up with.
All walls have two sides.

maphdet

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Yeah ok, you are right there.

:)

I was just getting all philosophical is all.
Not pragmatic.

Quote from: BellaI just sent off a check for my quarterly business taxes and it made me really cranky.
Trust me, they have no sense of humor.

Indeed, I was one day late with my return for sales tax.
Whomp $50 fine. (granted that is state and not IRS, but close enough)
Funny thing is, I didn't even have a sale for that month, damnit!
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbequed iguana-

deet

$50 for a single day?

Wow. The IRS really are badass tax collectors.

I'm going to be filing two years of tax returns this week, and I'm not being penalized at all.
All walls have two sides.

LMNO

Bump for Ale.

The Original Post was written as the Black Iron Prison concept was still in it's infancy; it was also written before Wolfpoet turned out to be a dick.

Some opinions I had in the OP have changed; but it's still a good place to start.

Alethias

Quote from: LMNO on October 01, 2008, 02:15:55 PM
Bump for Ale.

The Original Post was written as the Black Iron Prison concept was still in it's infancy; it was also written before Wolfpoet turned out to be a dick.

Some opinions I had in the OP have changed; but it's still a good place to start.
W00t, a personal bump.

I like the line about looking into the void and giving it the finger.  I tend to want to go whole hog and either dive in or run from it screaming.  As much as anything this feels like playing and dancing on the edge and seeing the dirt crumble a little and kinda dancing away but never really leaving it.

Some of my neighbors keep a couple of dobermans in their back yard.  one of the squirrels in the neighborhood loves to go sit just outside the fence and calmly do whatever.  The dobermans go wild.  the squirrel stays there and stares at them for awhile and moves away and then moves back.  Makes the dogs crazy.

I feel like I'm the squirrel, hehe. 

Cool thread.  I enjoyed reading it.  Thanx

Honey

Quote from: LMNO on October 01, 2008, 02:15:55 PM
Bump for Ale.

Like a Black Iron Prison Apocrypha?  I like this thread.  Thanks & Respect.
Fuck the status quo!

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure & the intelligent are full of doubt.
-Bertrand Russell

Telarus

More thanks for Bumping this post.

I opperate in Theistic Erisian mode sometimes, and I appreciate seeing that others do (and think critically about it) as well.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!