News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

Eris' Nose-thumbing

Started by hooplala, February 13, 2008, 05:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Anyone ever notice in this classic image of Eris (seen below) that she seems to be thumbing her nose, in that "NYAH NYAH" sort of way, like Karl Rove is illustrating even farther below?

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

nostalgicBadger

All I know is, we've had this game going where a bunch of us on campus have god powers and I had wind / ice / snow / frost etc. which was really OK until somebody else wanted in, and this girl gave him chaos. I definitely wanted chaos.

Only, then it occurred to me that my having chaos as my god power would be too predictable, and it's far more in the spirit of discord for me to not have chaos.

So in short, yes, I see your point.
meh.

barumunk

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 13, 2008, 06:32:22 AM
All I know is, we've had this game going where a bunch of us on campus have god powers and I had wind / ice / snow / frost etc. which was really OK until somebody else wanted in, and this girl gave him chaos. I definitely wanted chaos.

Only, then it occurred to me that my having chaos as my god power would be too predictable, and it's far more in the spirit of discord for me to not have chaos.

you've managed to thoroughly lose me. Im battling to see the correlation between god-powers (on campus) and the pics of Eris clearly making fun of some poor sod.

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

nostalgicBadger

meh.

barumunk

its also very strange how the name under Eris reads - EPIS :D

"For it is with the mysteries of our religion, as with wholesome pills for the sick, which swallowed whole, have the virtue to cure; but chewed, are for the most part cast up again without effect." Thomas Hobbes

I was always taught to chew everything before i swallow.

hooplala

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

AFK

Must be common practice after one gets snubbed. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: nostalgicBadger on February 13, 2008, 06:32:22 AM

:|

Quoteits also very strange how the name under Eris reads - EPIS

Ancient Greek

Quote:|

:argh!:

QuoteMust be common practice after one gets snubbed.

To act like Karl Rove or to snub ones nose?

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Cain

hooplala

It was the ONLY appropriate response.

WE NEED ROGER BACK!

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

LMNO

Jasper

Our Roger privileges have been rescinded.

Bharlion

Where do you find these images.

On a quasi related funny lighter note here is a picture of dick cheney. He is happy to see you.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Okay, why not. Didn't want to die alone anyways.