Simple Dinner Ideas?

Started by Cramulus, February 14, 2008, 04:25:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Good call.

LMNO
-The legend lives on.

abortionpunch

Tonight I will be making brocolli and sausage sauce pasta with diced tomatoes.

cook sausage and garlic, add tomatoes and brocoli, simmer, plop on top of angels wigs.

I live my life 2 stovetop apparatii at a time.

edit: other things might be going on too, but I haven't looked at the spice rack or fridge.

Roo

Quoteplop on top of angels wigs.
:?

abortionpunch

Angel hair pasta, cooked and then lightly fried.

Jenne

Quote from: abortionpunch on March 04, 2008, 05:20:55 AM
Angel hair pasta, cooked and then lightly fried.

Interesting.  Never heard of this before.

LMNO

I'm looking for suggestions:

I have 2 pounds of boneless pork loin.  I need a recipie that takes no more than 90 minutes to cook.

Go!

Richter

I posted a pork w/ stuffing and an apricot / vinegar glaze awhile back, and can repost if wished.  It can be cooked in 90 min., it will just come out more like a roast. (For quick cooking, meat that has a larger lean portion is best )

Also: Thin sliced pork and udon in a miso soup? (think shabu-shabu)
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Cramulus

Quote from: LMNO on April 03, 2008, 02:36:06 PM

I have 2 pounds of boneless pork loin.  I need a recipie that takes no more than 90 minutes to cook.

Go!

Get a stick of butter, a bunch of asparagus, ground cumin, and some fresh sage.

If you enjoy starches, some couscous or rice pilaf is fine.  Instant/just add hot water will do.

Turn on the broiler, and let it get really hot.

Let beef come to room temperature, drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on then, then liberally season with salt and cumin on all sides.

Trim an inch or so off the bottom of the asparagus, and place in a roasting pan.  again, drizzle with oil, and season with salt.

(prepare the starch, if you want).

Leave the butter out to get soft (not melted), and mince the sage.  In a bowl with a fork, mix the sage into the butter.  place herbed butter on some wax paper, roll it into a tube, put in freezer to harden back up.

place the pan with the asparagus under the broiler, and broil for about 6 minutes, or until it browns slightly.  Remove, and keep warm.

Broil tenderloin for about 3 minutes a side, depending on thickness (about 1.5 inch) for rare.

Season asparagus & steak with pepper to taste*.

Slice a disc of herb butter, and place on top of steak.

Serve.

Estimated total cooking time = 15 minutes.

* if you add the pepper before broiling, you will burn the pepper, and it won't taste very good.

LMNO

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on April 03, 2008, 03:29:20 PM

Go!

Get a stick of butter, a bunch of asparagus, ground cumin, and some fresh sage.

If you enjoy starches, some couscous or rice pilaf is fine.  Instant/just add hot water will do.

Turn on the broiler, and let it get really hot.

Let beef come to room temperature, drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on then, then liberally season with salt and cumin on all sides.

Trim an inch or so off the bottom of the asparagus, and place in a roasting pan.  again, drizzle with oil, and season with salt.

(prepare the starch, if you want).

Leave the butter out to get soft (not melted), and mince the sage.  In a bowl with a fork, mix the sage into the butter.  place herbed butter on some wax paper, roll it into a tube, put in freezer to harden back up.

place the pan with the asparagus under the broiler, and broil for about 6 minutes, or until it browns slightly.  Remove, and keep warm.

Broil tenderloin for about 3 minutes a side, depending on thickness (about 1.5 inch) for rare.

Season asparagus & steak with pepper to taste*.

Slice a disc of herb butter, and place on top of steak.

Serve.

Estimated total cooking time = 15 minutes.

* if you add the pepper before broiling, you will burn the pepper, and it won't taste very good.

Clever.

(asshole)

:lulz:

Cain

Dominos takeaway pizza
Chips
Beer

HUZZAH!

Doesnt get any simpler than picking up the phone.

Jenne

Hm, I'd probably flatten and pound it, sprinkle cracked sea salt and pepper on it, stuff it with a cream-cheese-breadcrumb-and-artichoke mixture, then roll it and slice it.  Put the rounds on a greased baking sheet and dust with a bit of herbes de provence.  Put in oven and broil.  Mince some garlic/shallots/onions and saute in white wine and olive oil.  Pour sauce over disks when they are done and serve with rice and steamed veggies.  Or mixed salad. 

e

Sounds like some kind of painful torture method.  No man deserves this done to his manho--Er... what was this thread about, again?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Go!

Cube the pork loin, coat lightly in flour, brown in olive oil in a deep-sided pan. Add:
2 tsp sugar
a chopped onion
a couple of sliced carrots
maybe 3-4 diced potatoes
3-6 cloves of minced garlic, depending on how much you like garlic
a quart of chicken broth
2-3 chopped green chilies (canned is OK if you don't have fresh)
a sliced jalapeno if you want it spicy
salt and pepper to taste

Simmer 1 hour

serve with jack cheese and tortillas.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

That could work.

It all might be moot, as Mrs LMNO might be taking me out to dinner.

Suu

Don't you have to cook pork like an hour per pound or something at least? I'm not 100% on that, but I know a good sized roast like when we do our pork shoulder takes the better part of a day.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."