News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

2012GASM

Started by Epimetheus, February 17, 2008, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fomenter

i don't know anything about the rules inmates live by,
i had a  passing notion that letters to editors, politicians, religious nuts, conspiracy theorists from inmates would be funny, but not seeing the results kinda kills it, and inmates having postal rules and restrictions makes it impossible..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Well, you can totally send the envelopes, but you need not only the address of the place, but also the name of the inmate. With Liz, the place paid for all her postage, which was sucky for me since I'm used to being able to call her or talk online, but pretty good for getting people to send out pre-addressed envelopes, since you save money on stamps. But all in all, it's kind of impractical.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 09, 2009, 08:38:53 PM
Right. You guys don't have girlfriends there, though, as far as I know :P. I can't really suggest that you send them to girlfriends in asylums who you don't have.

I have no problem believing that  you have a girlfriend in a mental institution. The part that I'm calling bullshit on is your claim that you were really just talking about sending one to her, and not at all "sending postcards to mental institution residents at random" which is what you actually said.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Oh, no. I personally was going to send just to her. I was trying to get all of you to send them at random.

That said, she dumped me, and so I no longer really have an excuse.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Enki-][ on October 20, 2008, 02:01:14 AM
What about sending postcards to mental institution residents at random (Partial Quote)
Quote from: Enki-][ on February 09, 2009, 02:13:21 PM
Now that the thread has been all necromanced up, I should say in my defense that I was just planning on sending postcards with memebombs to my gf who just happens to be locked up in an asylum atm. (Partial Quote)

I assume from this that you randomly pick up girls at mental institutions?

Suggestion: Why not just say, I was reading this thread, something popped into my head, I posted it, saw it was a bad idea, so let's move on.  :)

EDIT: By the way, one of the TOP FIVE THINGS TO NEVER DO ON THIS SITE: Continue to defend yourself. Just a friendly suggestion.

Chairman Risus

He's making sense.  He never claimed innocence; the mistake is on the other end.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 11, 2009, 06:00:52 AM

Actually, I tend to attract girls who are either on their way in or out of mental institutions. I can't very well pick them up while they are *in* mental institutions. That said, all the communications I've had with Liz have been generally significantly saner-seeming than many of the communications I've had with people who aren't in institutions. However, it's kind of obvious that she has borderline personality disorder (and hey, I should know; I dated her for nearly 6 months), and it was becoming a major problem that she didn't have the correct diagnosis/treatment/&c.

Also, you have to be kind of crazy to date me. Or highly succeptable to love spells.

Raphaella

She must have been at one of those classy, private institutions, where people have insurance. I could not even get a pencil sharp enough to actually write! 

On the topic though, Tim and I watched the Mindscape of Allan Moore again recently. I think he says in the film that by 2012 the collective of human information will be doubling every 60 seconds or something like that. This seems to correspond nicely with Time Wave Zero. I tell all kinds of people about it whenever I can. (I'll also tell them about the Reptilians too btw.) I don't know if that counts as a mindfuck but I do make conspiracy DVD's to hand out to coworkers. I'm sure that just makes ME look crazy. 

Tinfoil hats aside, I'll really be let down if 2012 turns out to be another Y2K. I don't know what I want to happen but I know I want it to be awesome.
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Sheered Völva

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 11, 2009, 12:06:51 PM
Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 11, 2009, 06:00:52 AM

Actually, I tend to attract girls who are either on their way in or out of mental institutions. I can't very well pick them up while they are *in* mental institutions. That said, all the communications I've had with Liz have been generally significantly saner-seeming than many of the communications I've had with people who aren't in institutions. However, it's kind of obvious that she has borderline personality disorder (and hey, I should know; I dated her for nearly 6 months), and it was becoming a major problem that she didn't have the correct diagnosis/treatment/&c.

Also, you have to be kind of crazy to date me. Or highly succeptable to love spells.

Good answer.  :)

HRD Frederick T Fowyer

Quote from: Sanguine Penguin on February 11, 2009, 12:55:51 PM
Tinfoil hats aside, I'll really be let down if 2012 turns out to be another Y2K. I don't know what I want to happen but I know I want it to be awesome.

I feel exactly the same way. I think it's kind of a shame, though. I think most people fixate on dates like 2012 and Y2K and ideas like the apocalypse because they're almost desperate for some of the weirdness of fantasy to enter into their exasperatingly mundane lives. It shouldn't be so.

My resolution for 2012: try to make everyday life weird enough by then that no one will notice that it just turned 2012.

Even if Quetzalcoatl does choose that moment to ride a goat-drawn chariot across the plains of Armageddon to fight Xeno.

Which would be pretty cool, too.
I held the sugar cube, I looked at the sugar cube, I wondered when I was going to eat the sugar cube. Then I remember nothing, but the sugar cube was gone, and I had a funny taste in my mouth.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Sheered Völva on February 11, 2009, 06:00:52 AMBy the way, one of the TOP FIVE THINGS TO NEVER DO ON THIS SITE: Continue to defend yourself. Just a friendly suggestion.

NEWSFEED please

or n00bs thread, whichever.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Risus on February 11, 2009, 07:05:48 AM
He's making sense.  He never claimed innocence; the mistake is on the other end.

What mistake?

Does it make it NOT a bad idea because he wasn't going to do it himself, just trying to get someone else to do it?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

I think in theory it was a good idea, at first the thought of it made me chuckle. But then once it stewed a bit more it seems pretty shitty.

Like if you happen upon a lone porta potty and you hear someone inside... there's no one around but you and some friends, perhaps something along the lines of, "Oh shit, I dare you to tip that bitch over." slips out of your mouth before you had time to think on the actual consequences. You dare someone else to do it because you, your self wouldn't, but if someone actually did I'm guessing you may feel pretty fucked up sometime in the future. 
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, that! Exactly.

Iron Sulfide

There's already a lot of media out there pointing to 2012. piggyback and twist.

This thread, if i'm not mistaken, is for the depositing, hashing and hopefully organizing of ideas into a larger coherence to fuck the shit out of people's minds.

On a tangent: i recently read a thread from early '08 about new symbols for Discordja, as some people didn't care for the fact that the Chao rips off Taoism and we/they haven't/didn't do that with any other religious symbol.

I think new Symbols would be Good™ for anchoring to specific projects, like a logo. The basic idea behind it is that people's interaction with the [project] develops an association with the [project], and the [symbol] associated becomes an anchor.

That said, i think New Thievery of Old Religious Icons is in order. 50 years ago, we took Taoism: today, it could be the Moon/Star of Islam, the scimitars of Sikhism- the Cross and the Hexagram are also obvious.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/6d/Religious_syms.png

As far as my part for 2012:
I'm writing a screenplay in my creative writing class, i'll start posting it in installments in Bring and Brag. It culminates in 2012 on December 21.
Ya' stupid Yank.