News:

So essentially, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend, he's just another moronic, entitled turd in the bucket.

Main Menu

the GASM Feed

Started by Triple Zero, February 18, 2008, 03:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

the GASM Feed is no longer hosted on my old Elvicities account, but now resides at the much more appropriate URL:

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/gasmfeed

some of you may ask, WTF is the GASM Feed? well it's some sort of thingy that leverages the social bookmarking power of web 2.0 in order to create a decentralized communication hub for the GASM projects. it also has a long tail.

SAYWHUT?

well basically it works like this:

- you wanna start a new GASM, or have something to add to an existing GASM? put whatever you got to say on a website somewhere (anywhere, can be a thread on PD.com, but keep it public, so no threads in O:MF or the GASM subforum, can be on the GASM Wiki, can be just a scribble on shorttext.com, whatever) then you bookmark this URL on your http://del.icio.us account (don't have one yet? get one!) and be sure to tag it with both "gasm" and "<something>gasm" based on the name of the gasm it's about. and a bunch of other tags you may like. (please don't tag the same things to multiple GASMs). after a while it will appear automagically on the GASM Feed.

- let's say you made pictures that are relevant to a GASM (currently that would probably be the posterGASM), simply upload them to your http://flickr.com account and tag them "<something>gasm". Flickr works a bit slower than del.icio.us, so it might take a day or so before the photos appear on the GASM Feed.

read more at the GASM Wiki: http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=Web_2.0

also, i think the GASM Feed still doesn't work in Internet Explorer, but I simply haven't had the chance to check it yet. I will fix as soon as i get the chance, though. Even though I dislike IE, the point of the GASM Feed is exposure, so the target audience must be as large as possible, no matter their complete disregard for basic computer safety :-P

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Requia ☣

GASMfeed gives a banner and nothing else in IE, (I swear I wasn't using it willingly, they don't have anything else at work.)
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

tyrannosaurus vex

lol

don't use IE then

www.portableapps.com :P
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Triple Zero

no but he's right, as i said in the OP, the point of OMGASM and the GASMFeed is exposure, so it should work in IE. i just .. well maybe i can kidnap my flatmate's computer somewhere next week, because there's no IE on this computer :) :)

[ok there's a crappy old IE6 on the 'other side' of my bootmenu, but for some reason i castrated its internet connection to unbearable slowness, and i have no idea how to reverse it :)]
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Triple Zero

taking advantage of being at my parent's place this weekend, i fixed the GASM feed so that it also works in IE7 (and possibly even in IE6 as well).

only thing is that the CSS is being a bitch, so it doesn't look as pretty as in a decent browser, but it works.

Requia ☣

IE is the only thing I get to use at work I'm afraid.  (Dear goddess it sucks).

Triple Zero

i feel your pain. but it works now, right?

Requia ☣

Yes, yes it does, awesome.