News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

Because you all asked for it...

Started by Suu, February 19, 2008, 04:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 05:25:48 PM
Quote from: Richter on March 07, 2008, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 05:06:31 PM
In heavy combat, winning and losing seems important... or the rapier field, it's better to look good while dying ;-)

To some people with "Duke" attatched to them, maybe  :wink:
A good number of folk fight because it's fun.  I've seen more folks get caught up in teh win vs. loose and quit.

I have attended court / feast in chainmail, but it's felt (and likely smelled) tacky.  :x

LOL, Tirnewydd had multiple Dukes so I think our Knowne Worldeview is a bit skewed ;-) When I first started playing in Tirnewydd we had a Master at Arms, three knights, a Count and Countess, a Vicountess, and a number of Duchesses. Nothing that the shire does is just for fun :(

That's not a shire, it's an epic level campaign.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

Also, if no one wants to have fun, you're in in the WRONG barony. Then again, We're spoiled in Bridge.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Richter on March 07, 2008, 05:51:26 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 05:25:48 PM
Quote from: Richter on March 07, 2008, 05:18:24 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 05:06:31 PM
In heavy combat, winning and losing seems important... or the rapier field, it's better to look good while dying ;-)

To some people with "Duke" attatched to them, maybe  :wink:
A good number of folk fight because it's fun.  I've seen more folks get caught up in teh win vs. loose and quit.

I have attended court / feast in chainmail, but it's felt (and likely smelled) tacky.  :x

LOL, Tirnewydd had multiple Dukes so I think our Knowne Worldeview is a bit skewed ;-) When I first started playing in Tirnewydd we had a Master at Arms, three knights, a Count and Countess, a Vicountess, and a number of Duchesses. Nothing that the shire does is just for fun :(

That's not a shire, it's an epic level campaign.

LOL, Tirnewydd was the second shire in the Middle Kingdom so its got 'serious' History... the number of Peers beyond the Chiv is staggering, I've lost count of the Laurals and Pelicans that we have.

Quote from: Suu Fett on March 07, 2008, 05:53:42 PM
Also, if no one wants to have fun, you're in in the WRONG barony. Then again, We're spoiled in Bridge.

So true. Sadly, the only other local shires are the ones that just recently broke off of Tirnewydd in the recent past and they have the same issues. :(

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Richter

Quote from: Suu Fett on March 07, 2008, 05:53:42 PM

Seriously. 
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Malaul

whatchu guys talkin about?
Im assuming either NERO or SCA

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Richter

LMNO

Malaul

Hurray for that!

I have many friends who go to Pennsic and man, they have stories that will out do any pr0n actor out there. It sounds like a good time
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Mangrove

Quote from: LMNO on March 07, 2008, 07:01:29 PM
Y'all be total dorks.

I'm slightly confused over the number of Americans dressing up and pretending to be part of a monarchical society.

:wink:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Malaul on March 07, 2008, 07:35:34 PM
Hurray for that!

I have many friends who go to Pennsic and man, they have stories that will out do any pr0n actor out there. It sounds like a good time

Yes, but with the exception of ladies like KouSuu, I fear that most Pennsic denizens don't look like pr0n stars... in fact, some of them look like three or four pr0n stars mushed together.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

That sounds like the Cock Golem...

Richter

Quote from: Ratatosk on March 07, 2008, 07:50:12 PM
Quote from: Malaul on March 07, 2008, 07:35:34 PM
Hurray for that!

Yes, but with the exception of ladies like KouSuu, I fear that most Pennsic denizens don't look like pr0n stars... in fact, some of them look like three or four pr0n stars mushed together.

My household gave us college Scadians some good advice on the topic:
-EVERYONE looks better in garb
-EVERYONE looks better by firelight (especialy when dancing)
-EVERYONE looks better when you've been drinking homebrew.

LMNO

Substitute "corsets" for "garb", "smoke machines & strobe lights" for "firelight", and "tequila" for "homebrew", and you've just described every goth club, ever.

Triple Zero

(because nobody asked for it)

it's not the best colouring i did, but it had to be done.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.