News:

One of our core values:  "THEY REFILLED MY RITALIN AND BY THE WAY I WANNA EAT YOUR BEAR HEAD."

Main Menu

Raelians aid the Clitoris

Started by saint aini, February 19, 2008, 11:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saint aini

http://www.wired.com/science/discoveries/news/2008/02/hospital

They fund FGM reversals with a transsexual doc from Colorado... I see a cab with dice in the mirror.
Mary: Let me ask you something.
[Grabs his hand]
Mary: Why are you alive?
John Preston: [Breaks free] I'm alive... I live... to safeguard the continuity of this great society. To serve Libria.
Mary: It's circular. You exist to continue your existence. What's the point?
John Preston: What's the point of your existence?
Mary: To feel. 'Cause you've never done it, you can never know it. But it's as vital as breath. And without it, without love, without anger, without sorrow, breath is just a clock... ticking.

Richter

Heartwarming, that's one of the better charity causes I've heard of lately. 
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That's pretty rad, actually. FGM is such a horrible, depressing, frightening thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

isn't the plural form of clitoris actually clitori?

like octipi

but clitori?

or is this just idle fantasy

Cain

Only if you're speaking in Latin.

Since you're not, only loaning words from it, English language conventions apply.

Anyone who disagrees is a pompous ass.

Triple Zero

from Late Latin pompōsus, from Latin pompa, pomp. See pomp.
            \

:mullet:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrowâ„¢
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Diseris

You didn't enjoy it you never believed it there won't be a refund you'll never go back - TMBG

BabylonHoruv

You're a special case, Babylon.  You are offensive even when you don't post.

Merely by being alive, you make everyone just a little more miserable

-Dok Howl

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Burns on February 20, 2008, 07:34:59 AM

like octipi

but clitori?

A friend of mine and and I have a long running game where we find all the words in the english language that end in i in the plural form.  I think, after two years, we've found them all.

the general rule is if the singular form of the word is consonant-vowel-consonant, the last too letters being US, then the plural form will drop the US and become I

there are exceptions of course, but that's the general rule as I understand it.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 10, 2010, 01:06:31 PM

like octipi

but clitori?

A friend of mine and and I have a long running game where we find all the words in the english language that end in i in the plural form.  I think, after two years, we've found them all.

the general rule is if the singular form of the word is consonant-vowel-consonant, the last too letters being US, then the plural form will drop the US and become I

It depends on the declension that it came from in Latin. "us" is usually 2nd declension male, so the plural would be "i" but 4th declension also ends in "us" but the plural is "ūs" (if the noun is male or female).

Incidentally, clitoris and penis are both 3rd declension, and would be clitores and penes in the plural. But saying peni or penii is funnier. Multiple clitorises should be appropriately referred to in English as "Hell yeah!"
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Disco Pickle

Quote from: Doktor Blight on September 10, 2010, 05:40:39 PM

like octipi

but clitori?

It depends on the declension that it came from in Latin. "us" is usually 2nd declension male, so the plural would be "i" but 4th declension also ends in "us" but the plural is "ūs" (if the noun is male or female).

Incidentally, clitoris and penis are both 3rd declension, and would be clitores and penes in the plural. But saying peni or penii is funnier. Multiple clitorises should be appropriately referred to in English as "Hell yeah!"

thank god I had just swallowed my drink before I read this.

you're pretty good with languages.
"Events in the past may be roughly divided into those which probably never happened and those which do not matter." --William Ralph Inge

"sometimes someone confesses a sin in order to take credit for it." -- John Von Neumann

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: The Dancing Pickle on September 10, 2010, 06:07:28 PM

like octipi

but clitori?

I went to school where 5 years of Latin was mandatory. I ended up repeating one of those years.  :lulz:

Don Coyote

like octipi

but clitori?

You could say he is a cunning linguist eh?

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: Cudgel on September 10, 2010, 06:30:15 PM

like octipi

but clitori?

You could say he is a cunning linguist eh?

Oh yeah  8)