News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Fried Brain Sandwich

Started by Iason Ouabache, February 20, 2008, 10:09:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Apparently, the texture is... well... unique.

Indeed like sweetbreads, but "squishier".

Dysfunctional Cunt

They don't really taste like liver and they aren't really really heavy.  My grandmother used to mix in a bit of garlic, a touch of cayenne with lemon and just a little little bit of sage.  Add egg and then flour and cornmeal mixed.  She fried them with eggs and potatoes for breakfast.  They weren't that bad.  We ate them.

Sir Squid Diddimus

sounds like it would taste like sausage kinda

Iason Ouabache

Maybe I should have just named this "ITT Your Favorite Offal Recipes".  Who's got a good tripe recipe?
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: IasonOuabache on February 23, 2008, 09:02:56 AM
Maybe I should have just named this "ITT Your Favorite Offal Recipes".  Who's got a good tripe recipe?

mexican or vietnamese?

Nast

Maybe I should have just named this "ITT Your Favorite Offal Recipes".

1. Take dead lizard
2. Put it in pot

Estimated cooking time: 0 minutes
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Triple Zero

Quote from: Pope Naughty Nasturtiums on February 26, 2008, 01:19:56 AM
Quote from: IasonOuabache on February 23, 2008, 09:02:56 AMMaybe I should have just named this "ITT Your Favorite Offal Recipes".

1. Take dead lizard
2. Put it in pot

Estimated cooking time: 0 minutes

i can do you one better:

1. set the lizard free

it will now naturally migrate to the pot, season, marinade and kill itself.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Jenne

It's definitely the sides that make this dish!

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Jenne on February 26, 2008, 05:41:19 PM
Why thank you.  I tried to keep it as regional as possible.  Five bucks to anyone who actually figures out what region/city I got this from.  Hint #1: In the Midwest.  Hint #2:  Very heavy German influence.  Hint #3: Alton Brown visited this city in Feasting on Asphalt and tried both the brain sandwich and burgoo.  I was disappointed that he didn't have a Double Cola too.
    \

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: IasonOuabache on February 28, 2008, 04:56:35 AM
Quote from: Jenne on February 26, 2008, 05:41:19 PM
Why thank you.  I tried to keep it as regional as possible.  Five bucks to anyone who actually figures out what region/city I got this from.  Hint #1: In the Midwest.  Hint #2:  Very heavy German influence.  Hint #3: Alton Brown visited this city in Feasting on Asphalt and tried both the brain sandwich and burgoo.  I was disappointed that he didn't have a Double Cola too.

Hilltop Inn
Evansville, IN

you owe me 5 bucks

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Cthulhu's Squidling on February 28, 2008, 06:46:22 AM
Hilltop Inn
Evansville, IN

you owe me 5 bucks
I wasn't thinking of the Hilltop Inn specifically (more like the West Side Nut Club Fall Festival) but you are correct on the Evansville part.  Great job!  Here's five Bucks.

\

Sir Squid Diddimus

BAAAAAAH!
BASKETBALL!

i feel cheated.  :sad:

Reginald Ret

the part of me that is continuously simulating all possible opinions of everyone i know (aka the invisible crowd) goes aaaaaaaaah freaky braineating zombies!

my other parts are willing to try it, I'll have to find out if i can get brains here(if not it will cause some hilarious conversations). besides even if i don't like it i can always use the leftovers to cure leather.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Dido

middle europe or southern europe? sour or spicy?

It has been some time since i've last had brain (indeed. quite some time) but as far as i remember it tasted a little like marrow but was a lot heavier. marrow by the way is great on toast with parsley and some rough sea salt.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ