News:

PD.com: "the lot of you are some of the most vicious, name calling, vile examples of humanity I've had the misfortune of attempting to communicate with.  Even attempting to mimic the general mood of the place toward people who think differently leaves a slimy feel on my skin.  Reptilian, even."

Main Menu

Stolen Chaos Marxist Aphorisms

Started by Cain, February 21, 2008, 12:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Verbal Mike

Regret, what causes you to believe your mind is physically capable of conceiving a realistic future to strive towards? I can hardly conceive what I want to do tomorrow, fuck ideals, fuck maps.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Reginald Ret

The great thing about the future is that it is fromed by our actions today, there's no need to know what you want to do tommorow, all you need to know is: how your actions right now affect your surroundings and how you want your surroundings to be (today or tomorrow) all you have to do is choose the action that makes the world more like what you want it to be.

example:
you know that smiling is often infectuous.
you want people to smile more.
smile more.

other example:
picking up garbage from the street to put it in the bin is a good idea.
you want clean streets.
do you A) bitch about bad maintenance by the cleaners,
or       B) clean your surroundings yourself?

To be honest i don't know for sure if my mind is physically(?) capable of conceving a realistic(idealistic future silly, realism is for dealing with now) future but assuming that it can makes my day better.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Verbal Mike

Okay, fair enough. But your mind cannot swallow an ideal world, or even a map of one. Don't presume to build a better future whole. You may be able to put in a few bricks, but the house is far too big for your eyes, or for mine.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

TheLastLump

Quote from: Regret on May 10, 2008, 11:56:26 PM
REALITY DOES NOT EXIST!
THE GOAL IS EVERYTHING!
ACHIEVE THE IDEAL IN ONE STEP!
NOW GET OUT OF MY IVORY TOWER!

happy now?

I believe that's as close as anyone can get to making a logical conclusion. Nice job ^.^

But I'm not getting out of your tower til I'm done raiding your fridge and stealing your bathrobe.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Cramulus

Quote from: Cain on February 24, 2008, 03:53:34 PM
Quote from: Professor Cramulus on February 24, 2008, 03:37:36 PM
Quote from: TheLastLump on February 24, 2008, 01:29:48 AM
Anyone know anything about what happened to Thornley during that time? I'd hate to think they stapled a FNORD to his brain or something. Did he still believe Discordianism was falsified by the Machine afterwards, or was it just a minor phr34k0u7 because of his being accused of assassinating someone? I'd hate to think it left him scarred...

are we talking about after the CIA contacted Thornley?

In The Prankster and the Conspiracy, Gorightly says that Thornley spent many years homeless, wandering from scam to soup kitchen, paranoid as shit. Old friends would take him in for a night, but only to turn him out the next day because he couldn't stop talking about conspiracy theory. Apparently he had internalized a lot of circular logic about how they were out to get him, and was pretty much living on the lamb from the illuminati.

How is the Prankster and the Conspiracy, btw?  I heard the interview Gorightly gave Out There Radio, and saw him plug it on POEE, but its something I haven't got around to buying yet.

Ooops, missed this when you asked back in February.

It's good. It does a pretty good job of describing the climate that Discordia grew up in, and gives a bit better picture of some of the Founding Fathers than I was previously aware of. (Camden Benares et al) A lot of it is JFK conspiracy talk, but it spends about a third of the time talking about Discordia. It also paints a really interesting picture about just how crazy / sane Thornley was. I give it a B+.

/threadjack

Cain

Swote. 

When I am not broke, I shall buy it.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Verbatim on May 11, 2008, 10:19:45 PM
Okay, fair enough. But your mind cannot swallow an ideal world, or even a map of one. Don't presume to build a better future whole. You may be able to put in a few bricks, but the house is far too big for your eyes, or for mine.

ah.
source of misunderstanding located.
definition of 'world' differed between subjects.
Regret 'world': all that is observed and extrapolated from observations.
Verbatim 'world': all that is, including all that is not understandable.

I'm just trying to improve the quality and placement of the bricks, do that and you have done all you can to improve the house.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

TheLastLump

Exactly. Educate the monkeys, and they can build their OWN future.

Not that they've ever done well at that, but if they actually think about where they're putting their bricks they might not fall into the wet cement so much.
"It's a dog-eat-dog world, Jesus, please holla back..." -The Game

doughboy359: Don't be angry cause you're a heretical pagan, we'll still accept you if you convert. Doughboy, on being a Catholic.

Verbal Mike

I think my definition of "world" is more like "all that is relevant to you". For some people this may encompass some of outer space and exclude many areas on Earth. For others the world is really just the neighborhood they live in. No matter how small your world, however, I do not believe you can really make a map of its perfected state. No realistic map can exist without including the time and process involved in its development, and by nature these processes are far too complex for a human mind to fully comprehend.

Reginald Ret

maps aren't supposed to be realistic, that would kinda defeat the purpose.
besides the map only has to be realistic enough to help improve the world...if i like the smell of flowers i don't need to know about the mating habits of the parasites of the bees, just that flowers can be planted.

its not that i don't get your point, its just that i disagree. can we drop it now? before we repeat our arguments/points even more?
or do you think we are actually getting somewhere? (or enlightening some lurkers)

Verbal Mike

Doloras LaPicho

*ahem*

I'm glad you guys found the Aphorisms helpful. Feel free to use them however you want, although a link back to the original list would be considered friendly.

Doloras from Chaos Marxism
Chaos Marxism - class-struggle politics meets transpersonal psychology meets memetics meets a very odd sense of humour indeed

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Doloras LaPicho on June 17, 2008, 07:26:49 AM
*ahem*

I'm glad you guys found the Aphorisms helpful. Feel free to use them however you want, although a link back to the original list would be considered friendly.

Then they wouldn't be stolen, see.

Also, welcome to the board.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cain

Quote from: Doloras LaPicho on June 17, 2008, 07:26:49 AM
*ahem*

I didn't include one?  My bad.  I'm normally fairly good when it comes to linking stuff, I'll rectify that soon.