News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Venison Leg Roast - WTF?

Started by Bebek Sincap Ratatosk, February 22, 2008, 12:46:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jasper

I've been toying with the notion of replacing brown sugar in recipes with molasses or dark muscovado (sp?).

Darth Cupcake

Molasses... Oh god I love molasses...

Step 1) Bake delicious homemade cornbread
Step 2) Cut yourself a still-warm steamy piece of homemade delicious cornbread
Step 3) Spread molasses on said cornbread o' the gods
Step 4) Eat
Step 5) ???
Step 6) Profit OH SO TASTY!
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

Sir Squid Diddimus

molasses is good but if you're not careful it can be more bitter than sweet.

and LOL D-cup
brown sugar is great because it counter balances some of the heat from the cayenne in the rub and caramelizes it. forming a nice crust in the fridge overnight.
mmm its sweet, spicy, herby, garlicy, vinegary..........

:x   i want.

now.

Darth Cupcake

LMNO

I think it's awesome so many of y'all dig food as much as I do.

Now, how y'all are able to stay so damn thin... that's the secret I'm looking for.

Jasper

No sugar or milk in coffee, and only eating fresh stuff and only when I get hungry.

Darth Cupcake

Much like Felix, I avoid snackage.

Also, I run like three to four miles a day for stress relief purposes. Apparently it helps keep you healthy, too!

Oh yeah, and I avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague. I am convinced that it is the devil. As soon as I almost completely cut food containing high fructose corn syrup out of my diet, simultaneously with not using my car and walking/taking public transit everywhere, I literally lost about 15 pounds, my acne cleared up, and my hair started growing in healthier. After the initial "getting over it" phase, I also just stopped ever wanting it. I still take care of my teeth the same as ever, and my dentist has remarked on how much improved they are.

I am convinced that high fructose corn syrup is spelling doom for all humanity.

LMNO

Yeah, I do the same.

I think I just picked up on it too late.  It can be said I'm not gaining, but it's still about 15 lbs too high for my taste.

Darth Cupcake

LiveJournal is full of pro-anorexia and pro-bulimia groups, just waiting for you to be their friend...

LMNO

Can you be anorexic and love to cook at the same time?

Richter

Bulemics could love cooking, they'd just plan the meal for 2 trips, not one.

Back to the anti-corn syrup sentiment, I recently gave up the soda with similar results.  Otherwise my diet never does see much of the stuff.   

Edit for missread reply
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Suu

CS needs to cook for me next week when I'm in teh Florida.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Jasper

D-Cup, for me it's high fructose corn syrup as well as hydrogenated oils.  Hydrogenation doesn't do much for your shelf life, no matter how long the food stays unspoiled.  Yuck.  Aspartame too.  In fact, pretty much anything synthetic could be used either as poison or embalming fluid, it seems.

Richter

Food preservation IS emblaming, if you think about it.

Unless you're buying green vegetables, active cultures, or pulsating meat.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Quote from: Richter on February 22, 2008, 07:30:27 PM
Food preservation IS emblaming, if you think about it.

Unless you're buying green vegetables, active cultures, or pulsating meat.

You just described a typical saturday night.